Company: Pentair, Inc.
Posted on: February 17, 2020
Job Description:Pentair currently has an opening for a Tax Analyst
to join our team at our Cary, NC location. In this role, the Tax
Analyst will be accountable for maintaining jurisdictional
compliance with regard to sales, use, property, and business taxes
and filings for Pentairs entities in North America. This role will
report to Compliance and Indirect Tax Manager.We will:
- Create career growth and rotational opportunities within
various areas of the organization
- Pay competitively
- Provide on the job training and mentoring in Pentairs proven
- Offer health benefits & coaching
- Support your long term retirement goals through a competitive
401K matching and stock purchase plan
- Offer employee discounts
- Protect you with life insurance and other options
- Tell you more about all the great benefits just ask!You will:
- Work with external tax auditors and personnel at various levels
of the organization.
- Gather and analyze requested documentation for indirect tax
- Prepare sales, use, and property tax returns for multiple legal
entities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Research and resolve any discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and
adjust journal entries.
- Interact with personnel at various levels of the organization
local, regional, global, corporate, as well as personnel in other
- Stay informed regarding tax regulations for multiple
- Monitor business processes for compliance with current rules
- Maintain related jurisdictional registrations and filings.You
- Have earned a Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- Have 1+ years of similar experience.
- Possess strong Excel skills.
- Have thorough awareness of accounting standards and
- Possess strong skills in reconciling large amounts of data
using formulas in existing and/or ad-hoc spreadsheets.
- Have the ability to translate knowledge into practical
- Possess professional and courteous communication skills with
individuals at various levels of the organization.
- Be detail oriented and organized with the ability to also
understand the big picture.
- Be able to communicate effectively in the English language.We
like, but dont require:
- Knowledge of ERP tax modules or Vertex.Additional
Information:Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.The work environment is
typically an office environment with noise levels usually moderate.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and
talk or hear. The employee frequently sits. The employee
occasionally stands and walks. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, and ability to adjust
focus.Diversity and Inclusion:With our expanding global presence,
cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing
success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different
perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to
improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age,
personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion,
life experiences and many more factors contribute to this
diversity.We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our
- Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
- Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
- Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatoryAt
Pentair, we believe the health of our world depends on reliable
access to clean, safe water. We deliver a comprehensive range of
smart, sustainable water solutions to homes, business and industry
around the world. Our industry leading and proven portfolio of
solutions enables people, business and industry to access clean,
safe water, reduce water consumption, and recover and reuse it. We
help ensure water is clean when returned to the environment.
Whether its for fitness and fun, healthier homes, better flood
control, safer sky rises, more sustainable ways to farm, or safe
drinking water for those who need it most, we wont stop until the
worlds water is managed the best way possible.From approximately
110 locations in 30 countries, Pentairs 10,000 employees are united
in our unwavering belief that the future of water depends on us.
Our 2018 revenue was $3.0 billion, and we trade under the ticker
Keywords: Pentair, Inc., Cary , Tax Anlayst, Accounting, Auditing , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!