Company: DeCurtis Corporation
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Staff Accountant is an important position in a fun,
entrepreneurial, fast-paced team environment. Reporting to the CFO,
the position will have significant involvement many aspects of the
daily operations of the accounting function. -At DeCurtis we are
committed to our clients and passionate about the work we do and
supporting each other's success. -While it may sound clich--, what
we do really does make the world a better place!We are seeking an
open-minded, driven and technically sound individual who is
passionate about making a real difference in our team, and wants to
have a real, immediate impact on our Company. This role requires
excellent communication, organization, and ability to manage and
work with a cross-functional team.You will take the lead in driving
accurate financial and operational accounting with emphasis on
reporting and analysis and be an integral part of the daily and
month-end close process. -You will be responsible for generating
the financial statements and related financial and management
reporting and analysis. -Key -Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Prepare and issue client invoices including time and material
- Process accounts payable
- Prepare and posting month-end adjusting journal entries
- Assist with other aspects of month-end close
- Reconciling general ledger accounts
- Prepare and review monthly financial reports and related
- Prepare variance analysis, research/analyze results, and
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Oversee Company credit card program
- Assist with Company travel programs
- Oversee compliance with Company policies
- Work with outside tax advisors on tax matters including
quarterly and annual tax filings
- Support our annual financial audit
- Handle accounts payable including ACH and manual check
- Prepare quarterly and annual submissions for tax/governmental
compliance as needed
- Prepare and submit monthly/quarterly business filings including
State registration, tax, business use, etc.
- Develop and implement recommendations for improvement to
accounting processes and financial practices
- Maintain and adhere to internal control structure of the
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in financial transactions
and broader financial processes
- Prepare and distribute dashboard reports -Required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, business
or equivalent experience.
- Extensive professional experience in a similar
bookkeeping/general accounting role.
- Must consistently produce dependable, accurate and timely
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a
software system implementation a plus.
- Advanced Excel and computer skills.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with employees,
clients and vendors.
- Ability to function as a team player.
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite
knowledgePreferred Skills and ExperienceCPA and public accounting
experience a plusSoftware company experiencePrivate equity
environment experienceStrong written and oral communications
skillsDemonstrate strong organizational skills, initiative and the
ability to be a self-starterThis position will be based out of the
DeCurtis Fulfillment and Innovation Center in Morrisville, NC and
will be a combination in-office/remote work environment. -DeCurtis
LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. DeCurtis
LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: DeCurtis Corporation, Cary , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!