Senior Go-To-Market Lead, Internet of Things (Industry Marketing)
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Do you have a passion for connecting to customers through an array
of digital, social channels and live events* Do you enjoy aligning
with sales teams and other internal audiences to help drive demand
and revenue through various marketing activities* If so, then you
might be our newest team member! We re ready for you to make an
immediate impact. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here
What you ll do
As a Go-To-Market Lead, you ll perform strategic activities
associated with the planning of go-to-market efforts aligned to
SAS' overall sales and marketing strategy. You ll liaise with
internal sales and business teams, including taking a lead role in
communicating marketing results and strategic direction, upcoming
campaigns and key corporate events. You'll be part of a global
team, planning and executing global marketing efforts across SAS
key geographies, as well as leading the efforts for the Internet of
Things (IoT) initiative area within the United States.
We re seeking a seasoned marketer who must be effective in
communication at all levels of the organization, act as a trusted
advisor to senior management and be viewed as a valuable marketing
partner. You ll also perform and execute on strategic marketing
activities associated with generating leads and the planning of
go-to-market campaign efforts. You ll bring all marketing
components together to synchronize digital and traditional
marketing channels. Your goal* Ensure SAS gets found more often,
more effectively and by more customers.
You ll be responsible for
* Creating a go-to-market plan for a key Initiative (IoT) or
industry (manufacturing) area.
* Leading marketing efforts designed to increase awareness and
generate leads through a variety of live events and digital
* Developing the marketing program details, designing and executing
on the strategy and communicating the effort accordingly.
* Analyzing metrics and communicating results including traffic and
conversion statistics, lead generation, pipeline impact and return
* Managing sales and marketing alignment by showcasing campaigns,
methods and metrics.
* Working collaboratively to build specific offers at each stage of
the customer journey. Offers can extend to many channels, including
web, social, search and email.
* Collaborating as part of a global team representing the growth
initiative area, delivering on the initiative s strategic
* Performing other duties, as assigned.
What we re looking for
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer
Science, or related discipline.
* At least eight years of experience in demand generating marketing
or related function in the technology or other business-to-business
* Strong track record and understanding of digital marketing
* Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build
strategic working relationships at all levels of the
* Ability to convey in-depth knowledge of marketing metrics,
including revenue, pipeline, and leads and be able to tell a story
through the metrics.
The nice to haves
* Demonstrated understanding of audiences and marketing concepts
related to the Internet of Things or the Manufacturing industry is
a strong plus. Other relevant industries or initiative areas would
translate well into this role too.
* Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with
the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of
* Experience working with a multi-national or global organization,
collaborating across different cultures, time zones and
* Experience working with Account Based Marketing (ABM), or
approaches geared to a segmented account list is a strong plus.
* Demonstrated project management and meeting facilitation
* Demonstrated understanding of marketing communication
concepts/functions and software tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
HTML). Plus, experience with marketing tools including sales force
automation, marketing automation, and social media tools.
* Creativity and a willingness to experiment and take risks.
* Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
* We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy
people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No
matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your
unique contributions will make a difference.
* Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds,
experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into
our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see
what you ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core
values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values
that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total
candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills,
problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators.
Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this
position will be determined based on the applicant's education,
skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they
are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow
us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Senior Go-To-Market Lead, Internet of Things (Industry Marketing), Advertising , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!