CAD/CAM Design Engineer
Company: SCHUNK Intec Inc
Posted on: June 22, 2022
The CAD/CAM Design Engineer position will be a hybrid role between
the design and manufacturing teams, reporting to the Design
Engineering Manager. As the CAD/CAM Design Engineer, you will be
the process owner within the Engineering team structuring and
maintaining the steps to go from design to manufacturing for 3 to 5
axis mills, lathes, and mill-turn machines. This will include
creating procedures, designing fixtures and engineered to order
components, creating CAD/CAM template models, maintaining
manufacturing data/programs/tools, and representing an attitude of
continuous improvement for the process. This individual will work
with a cross functional team of application, design, and
manufacturing engineers to connect the teams and deliver engineered
solutions to the various industries supported by SCHUNK. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may
also be assigned.
- Provide general technical/engineering support for manufacturing
and application engineering.
- Participate in and occasionally manage continuous improvement
projects (CIP) or other Engineering improvements.
- Review project details with application engineering to design
solutions and create drawings for customer approval.
- Design Engineered to Order (ETO) components and assemblies to
meet customer expectations.
- Utilize 3D CAD software to create component models, assembly
models, and detailed technical drawings showing all necessary
manufacturing requirements, tolerances, and dimensions.
- Maintain technical information in accordance with the
Engineering Change Request (ECR) process and company
- Create/Maintain material master information for components and
Bills of Materials for assemblies.
- Perform Engineering calculations and other analysis to verify
designs meet application requirements. Typically related to
Hydraulic/pneumatic systems and/or Force and mechanical
- Utilize CAM software to design toolpaths and verify machine
simulations for 3-5 axis mills and lathes. Responsible for posting
to various machines and working with manufacturing to maintain
fixturing for CAM programs.
- Create templates for standardizing model-based designs (MBD),
and CAM programs.
- Implement improvements with manufacturing regarding machining
- Design internal fixturing, assembly tools, or other items
necessary for manufacturing. Requirements:
- Previous experience with CAD/CAM modeling.
- Knowledge of general design principles with specific emphasis
towards hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and force
- Creative problem solving required to provide SCHUNK customers
with customized engineering solutions.
- Working knowledge of Creo Parametric CAD, Windchill, and/or
CreoNC CAM is preferred.
- Working knowledge with CNC machine coding and G-code standards
- Working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Experience with Automation and or Clamping technology highly
- German Language skills are a plus, but not required. Education
- Four year college or University degree in an Engineering
discipline OR two to four years related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education, training and
- 1-3+ years prior experience in manufacturing or automation
Keywords: SCHUNK Intec Inc, Cary , CAD/CAM Design Engineer, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!