Elementary School Assistant Principal
Company: Nobel Learning Communities
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Job Code: 8592Location: 653School Brand: Chesterbrook AcademyCity: CarySchool State: NCChesterbrook Academy
Cary, North Carolina
Partners with the school administration team with the delivery of the instructional program and overall operation of the school including: marketing plan implementation, student enrollment, parent and community relations, staff supervision and professional development, profit and loss management, and facility management.
- Provides and maintains a high quality educational program and ensures successful implementation of standards-based Nobel Learning Communities curriculum.
- Counsels and provides guidance to students regarding personal, academic, and behavioral issues.
- Assists with successful completion of standardized testing and other student assessments.
- Ensures a safe, clean, attractive school and classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Assists the Principal with the establishment and implementation of data management and quality standards as articulated in the QAR.
- Participates in the accreditation of the school as required.
- Works with the Principal to create an effective leadership team.
- Builds effective relationships with other administrators, corporate, and office staff.
- Assists with the implementation of Parent Assessment Reviews (PAR) recommendations.
- Continually demonstrates and models professionalism in word, behavior, attire, composure, and knowledge.
- Committed to educational leadership in action and deed.
- Improves professional responsibility through participation in professional development.
- Demonstrates understanding of the interpretation and use of student achievement data to inform decision making
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and honesty, including but not limited to confidentiality of company, student, family, and employee information as required by both company policy and federal and state laws.
- The leadership responsibilities of this position do not permit telecommuting.
- Assists with collecting tuition and other fees; inputs data into NetSuite.
- Works to operate within budget and helps manage expenses.
- Assists in overseeing receivables, including bad debt.
- Fully utilizes the financial / business management system (NetSuite) including maintaining accurate records and submitting weekly reports on a timely basis.
- Assists with Payroll and tracking staff attendance.
- Answers phones and serves at the front desk as needed.
- Assists the principals in monitoring classroom instructional practice and provided feedback to teachers that supports their professional growth
- Leads and supervises both exempt and non-exempt level staff including: certified teachers, teacher assistants, substitutes, and support staff (drivers, cooks, janitors, etc.), and ensures their compliance with all NLCI policies and procedures, as well as, state and local requirements.
- Assists the Principal in recruiting and training qualified staff.
- Assists with orientation for new employees.
- Trains and develops teachers and other key staff members in NLCI policies and procedures, as well as providing professional development as required.
- Serves as witness to any documented disciplinary performance management meetings.
- Supports Principal in retention of teachers including providing clear expectations and acknowledging individual contributions.
- Understands and demonstrates the importance of feedback, documentation and informal development discussions which supplement the annual performance review.
- Supports local marketing strategy to generate and retain enrollment.
- Maintains proactive and positive relationships with parents and prospective parents.
- Timely answers inquiries (in-person, via email or via phone) according to NLCI established sales programs consistent with Parent Centered Sales Approach (PCSA). Provides tours using NLCI PCSA program techniques. Assists the Principal with entering inquiries into NetSuite as required.
- Participates in local opportunities to establish positive NLCI presence in the community.
- Assists with website marketing and website maintenance.
- Effectively utilizes e-notify for parent communications and alerts as required.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and operation of successful and creative before and after school programs, summer programs including Camp Zone, specialty camps, and all other local and national enrichment / ancillary programs.
- Attends local or regional training and development sessions as required.
- Assists principal in providing resources and access to professional development opportunities for staff.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education or equivalent is required.
- Advanced degree in educational administration preferred. School administrator's license preferred.
- Experience in education administration and business administration.
- Minimum of one (1) year elementary teaching experience required. May substitute experience with an educational services company for elementary school experience.
- Meets minimum preparation and experience required to comply with applicable State regulation and accrediting boards, as well as, holds any State required certifications.
- Knowledge of principles, techniques, goals and objectives of elementary education.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and proficiency with technology and commitment to the unique role it plays in the educational arena of the 21st Century.
- Possesses basic math skills.
- Sales and/or marketing experience preferred.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*
Keywords: Nobel Learning Communities, Cary , Elementary School Assistant Principal, Education / Teaching , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!