Company: Global Knowledge Training LLC
Posted on: May 5, 2020
Location: CARY, NC
Employment Duration: FULL TIME
Global Knowledge is the world s leading IT and business skills
training provider. Offering the most relevant and timely content
delivered by the best instructors, we provide customers around the
world with their choice of convenient class times, delivery methods
and formats to accelerate their success. Our business skills
solutions teach essential communications skills, business analysis,
project management, ITIL service management, process improvement
and leadership development. With thousands of courses spanning from
foundational training to specialized certifications, our core IT
training is focused on technology partners such as Amazon Web
Services, Cisco, Citrix, IBM, Juniper, Microsoft, Red Hat and
VMware. We offer comprehensive professional development for
technologies like big data, cloud, cybersecurity and
The DevOps Engineer will be joining the Software Engineering team
that develops learning solutions that bring together instructor led
training, virtual classrooms, and digital online learning in a
singular user experience. The team designs, develops, tests,
deploys, and manages theses learning solutions both on-premise and
in the cloud following Agile Scrum best practices. This position
requires good communication skills, attention to detail, and the
ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Global Knowledge is looking for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate
about automating development and production environments and loves
the challenge of working in a fast-paced and dynamic work
environment. In this role, you will be center to helping design,
operate, abnd enhance environments that enable rapid development
and deployments while achieving high availability. Along with a
systemic discipline, we are also looking for candidates who can
successfully work within the existing environment, and who are open
and passionate about exploring new technologies and processes to
improve our overall environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* You are responsible for enhancing devops practices inside of
Global Knowledge s Software Engineering team.
* You are center to help design and operate highly available
software in large distributed and virtual environments.
* Metric driven and focused on continuous improvement.
* Strong expertise in leveraging a wide variety of open source
* Automation of build environments and IT operations is in your
* Setup, monitor, and manage continuous integration and continuous
* Setup, monitor, and manage development, test, staging, and
production environments on-premise and in the cloud.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose and identify failing systems through the
use of instrumentation and software.
* Ensure compliance to corporate IT policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
This role has no direct reports.
* Proficiency of Linux at a systems administration level.
* Experience working within highly available and secure systems and
* Experience working with Python/Django, MySQL, MongoDB,
Elasticsearch, and RabbitMQ.
* Experience working in an Azure cloud environment.
* Experience working with GitHub and Jenkins.
* Experience with .Net Framework, NetDynamics, and Windows at the
sysadmin level is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (or
equivalent) and 4 years of related experience to include
administration, security, network design and management,
programming, and troubleshooting.
* Drive customer focus personally and through teams (Customer
* Excellent written and oral communication skills to include report
* Excellent troubleshooting skills (Technical / Professional
* Work successfully in a fast-paced changing environment (Stress
* Work successfully in a team oriented environment (Contributing to
* Work unsupervised to complete daily tasks and long-term goals
* Ability to set own priorities and adjust as needed
* Ensures all GK standards have been met and asks users if
satisfied (Follow Up)
* Reacts positively to change and modifies behavior to deal
effectively with changes (Adaptability)
* Takes advantage of learning opportunities and anticipates future
skill needs (Continuous Learning)
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You may be required to work extended hours on short notice due to
production issues when other Global Knowledge employees are not
required to work.
Global Knowledge is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Global Knowledge Training LLC, Cary , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!