I&C Project Engineer
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Veolia group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological
transformation. With nearly 179,000 employees worldwide, the Group
designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful
and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its
three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop
access to resources, preserve
available resources, and replenish them. In 2020, the Veolia group
supplied 95 million people with drinking water and 62 million
people with wastewater service, produced nearly 43 million megawatt
hours of energy and treated 47 million metric tons of waste.
Description - Internal
The I&C Project Engineer will review drawings and other
documents and discuss clients requirements to determine scope of
work. Tasks include determining scope, specifying equipment,
selecting instruments, PLC/HMI programming and/or checkout and
configuration of controls for a project. Identify and resolve
discrepancies between scope of work and customer's needs.
Coordinate project activities between site and office. Must work
well with others.
- Provide phone support and field Customer Service calls as
- Determine scope of work based on customer requests, site
equipment and problems.
- Design, spec and price controls based on project
- Perform design and coordinate installations of control
- Research new products required for a particular project.
- Perform start-up and troubleshooting services.
- Coordinate with other start-up personnel when required.
- Investigate and troubleshoot electrical issues with start-up
and plant personnel.
- Participate in meetings to negotiate scope of work.
- Select instruments based on scope of work.
- Design or modify PLC/HMI applications to meet project
- Coordinate system configuration with other system
- Complete I/O checkout, instrument configuration and required
documentation for project.
- Investigate and troubleshoot electrical/programming issues of
- Implement PLC/OIT controls based on project scope.
- Coordinate site activities between PLC implementation and
- Perform commission testing of process control system per
- Coordinate concerns with Customer Service, Process and
- Provide tech support to plant personnel.
- Provide field reports detailing project status.
Other skills needed for this position are but not limited to the
- Competency with Allen Bradley PLC hardware and software,
including the ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware problems
as well as interpret and modify programs.
- Competency with Allen Bradley HMI hardware and software,
including the ability to modify applications as necessary.
- Have some familiarity, but preferably competent with, Modicon,
GE, and Siemens PLCs and HMIs
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical issues with instrumentation,
controls and field wiring.
- Ability to interpret manuals and documentation for
instrumentation installation, setup, and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with networking concepts. Need to be competent and
comfortable setting up, reconfiguring, and troubleshooting standard
Ethernet networks. Familiarity with Modbus, Profibus, DeviceNet,
and other industrial control protocols is a plus.
- Competency with HMI software such as Wonderware, iFix,
Cimplicity, RSView Enterprise, etc. Should be competent with at
least one of the major HMI packages to the point where comfortable
adding and modifying existing applications.
- Should be familiar and comfortable with concepts such as VPN,
remote control via Remote Desktop, VNC, TeamViewer, etc.
- Should have good customer relations communication skills.
Travel for this position is approximately 50%.
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Equivalent
Electrical Applied Sciences Disciplines or greater with a minimum
of 5 years experience.
VWS offers you competitive compensation for this position, along
with a benefits package, and a dynamic work environment. We offer
challenging projects and training to ensure your success.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives
equal consideration to all applications, without
Keywords: Veolia, Cary , I&C Project Engineer, Engineering , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!