Applications Engineer, Stationary Workholding
Company: SCHUNK Intec Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Manufacturing Engineers are encouraged to apply.SCHUNK is a world
market leader for clamping technology and gripping systems that
offers a generous employee benefits package that includes
individual health insurance for $35 to $50 per month, 18+ days of
paid time off, 8 holidays, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K
match, disability, and HSA matching contributions.What You Will
- Develop and prepare customer quotes for specialty components
including but not limited to:
- Review customer specifications and/ or review customer
- Interpret drawings and other customer documents,
- Develop customer design specifications,
- Coordinate development of design drawings with customer and
SCHUNK Design Engineering team,
- Follow-up on prototype product design and application issues
with customer, making required changes to final design to meet
customer requirements and quality standards,
- Preparing and delivering quotes and sales orders to customer,
- Track and follow up on quotes and sales orders with customers
and potential customers.
- Develop a design and production schedule that meets customer
and SCHUNK business requirements, coordinating design, production
and delivery with appropriate SCHUNK teams and facilities.
- Track and follow-up on sales order progress through and
including ensuring product delivery and customer satisfaction,
making adjustments to production and/or delivery schedule when
required to meet customer and SCHUNK business requirements.
- Provide technical service and training presentations to
customers and representatives relating to SCHUNK component's use,
operation and maintenance
- Provide customer support by phone and on the customer
- May enter customer quotes and sales orders into SAP, tracking
the order process and follow up through delivery of the
- Perform duties of the Technical Specialist and Customer Service
Representative (CSR) when necessary to meet business and customer
- Work across product teams on special projects, trade shows, and
internal events - Toolholding, Workholding and Automation
Components, the production shop, and the sales and marketing
- Participate in SCHUNK special projects when requested.
- Some travel will be required
- Experience is more important than degree. Post-secondary degree
or certification in Engineering, manufacturing, or machine tool
technology with relevant experience with CNC machines, steel
cutting, fixtures, and toolholding.
- Ability to use PC applications including advanced skills with
Microsoft spread sheets, word processing, and Email. Experience
with CAD/CAM software and STEP files.
- Willingness to learn in-house sales/order applications and/or
- Ability to communicate technical information courteously and
effectively over the phone and face-to-face with customers and
- Ability to read and understand technical documents such as
technical drawings, operating and maintenance instructions,
technical specifications, and procedure manuals and carry out
instructions furnished in oral, written or diagram form.
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, develop, implement
and carryout solutions.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and small team
environment with the Management, Technical Specialist, other
Applications Engineers, CSR and inside and outside sales staff
- Ability to use initiative to identify and solve customer and
product delivery problems.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects coordinating
priorities with team members.
- Critical thinking skills - recognize and analyze problems,
develop and implement solutions.
- Ability to quickly understand the component manufacturing and
sales industry and SCHUNK product lines.Who We Are: Come work for
the competence and world market leader for clamping technology and
gripping systems. Join a global team of more than 3,500 employees
in nine plants and 33 subsidiaries around the world. SCHUNK USA
headquarters is located in Morrisville, NC and is home to its own
manufacturing facility, a tech and training center that hosts
customer events and live demos, and operational teams who thrive on
driving excellence in the manufacturing industry.PM21
Keywords: SCHUNK Intec Inc, Cary , Applications Engineer, Stationary Workholding, Engineering , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!