Gas / Diesel Mechanic
Company: MV Transportation
Posted on: June 24, 2022
MV Transportation is seeking a Level A Mechanic who will perform
preventive maintenance inspections on various types of vehicles
specificlly buses. The position requires the technician to be able
to teach, to diagnose, inspect, and change or repair defective
components, sub-components, and systems on vehicles as time
permits, must possess a 609 and air conditioning certifications,
and ASE certifications. This position will report to the
Maintenance Manager. Part-time shifts available!Job
- Diagnoses, examines, and investigates vehicles to determine
causes of defective operation of engines, transmissions,
differential units, generators, starters, pumps, air suspension
systems, pneumatic systems, radiators, injectors, clutches, air
conditioning systems, and other vehicle components.
- Determines proper course of action to facilitate vehicle
repair, maintenance, adjustment, and component replacement.
- Maintains, adjusts, and/or repairs all bus systems, components,
and parts including hydraulic and electrical systems, brakes, front
ends, and air conditioning systems to ensure the operational
fitness of coaches.
- Performs major overhauls, major tune-ups, and repair to brakes
and steering systems.
- Changes windows and seats, and performs minor body repair.
- Operates buses in order to diagnose component failure, make
roadside repairs, or move disabled buses.
- Operates heavy machinery, hydraulic lifts, hoists and jacks,
- Communicates, and consults with all levels of employees.
- Performs daily inspections and repairs on entire fleet.
- Responds to breakdowns.
- Mentors lower skill level technicians.
- Performs related duties, as required. Talent Requirements:
- Must have five (5) years of experience in automotive or diesel
mechanics, which may include fleet experience.
- Have taken basic automotive or heavy duty repair courses or
have good understanding of basic automotive/heavy duty
- Strong electrical/electronic experance needed.
- A/C certification.
- ASE preferred.
- Must self-certify competency on brake service and repair for
both air brakes and hydraulic brakes.
- Trade school/college graduate or five (5) years heavy diesel
- Work well with others and willing to learn.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
- Must have a CDL or able to recieve one within 90 days. During
the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to
confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and
maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business
records and any other information that MV classifies as
confidential.MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal
Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed,
national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability,
veteran or military status, genetic information or any other
legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local
laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this
application is solely to determine suitability for employment,
verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants
may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check
after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Keywords: MV Transportation, Cary , Gas / Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!