Field Service Technician II
Location: New Hill
Posted on: August 5, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your
role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around
the world. You ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the
organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of
Baxter s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and
inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives- where
your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Field Service Technician II s primary responsibility is to
perform complex repair work on all customer and company - owned
medical equipment. In addition to the repair work, the Field
Service Technician II is also responsible for performing the same
responsibilities as a Field Service Technician I related to product
readiness for patient utilization on a wide range of rental and
customer owned medical products. This position requires operating a
fleet vehicle in a safe manner as well as direct customer contact.
Additionally, will provide 24/7 delivery, removal, and service
support for products in service centers and customer accounts in a
timely and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Other duties may be
- Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to safety awareness and
- Successfully complete all required safety and compliance
learning modules on a timely basis.
- Complete medical testing in a timely manner.
- Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S
- Safely operate a fleet vehicle ranging in size from a cargo van
up to a 26,000 pound truck.
- Identify safety concerns and correct as necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 65 pounds using appropriate
processes, including proper safety and ergonomic procedures. Repair
- Performs complex repairs on medical products. These are repairs
beyond simple and minor cosmetic repairs or component
- Performs electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
troubleshooting and repair of assigned products.
- Ability to utilize manufacturer service manuals and
documentation to provide advanced troubleshooting, root cause and
repair while working independently.
- Assess assigned products and prepare written estimates for
- Use of advanced test equipment for products assigned.
- Generate service revenue and complete activities required under
- Ability to perform routine cleaning & maintenance procedures on
various medical products.
- Ability to perform pre installation maintenance, including
preventive maintenance (PM) and between patient inspection (BPI)
and modification procedures on various medical products,
unassisted, to include:
- Ability to visually, audibly, and manually inspect medical
products for electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or
cosmetic problems requiring adjustment or repair.
- Ability to utilize the appropriate tools in making required
adjustments and repairs.
- Ability to monitor the readings of electronic meters and
- Ability to perform sweeping, mopping, and all other general
"housekeeping" duties. Delivery & Removal
- Ability to load, unload, deliver, and remove medical products,
weighing up to 1680 pounds, to and from customer accounts,
unassisted using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
- Ability to move and maneuver Hill-Rom products within Hill Rom
service centers, healthcare facilities, and private homes,
unassisted using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
- Ability to maneuver and secure medical products within truck
beds, unassisted using appropriate processes and safety
- Ability to perform constant sitting for up to 4 hours in
combination with high levels of vibration while driving a company
- Ability to assist nursing staff in transferring patients from
existing beds onto Hill-Rom products or interim stretchers.
- Ability to provide on-call coverage, up to 24/7 basis including
weekends and holidays, which may require customer account
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing daily schedule of
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in order to plan and
organize effectively to satisfy customer demands.
- Ability to endure high levels of stress caused by various
customer demands, scheduling conflicts, driving conditions, and
other factors beyond the control of the Field Service Tech I & II.
- Ability to complete written documents (records, reports, and
forms) for internal, regulatory, and project documentation.
- Ability to read and comprehend (in English) technical bulletins
pertaining to the repair and maintenance of Hill-Rom products.
- Ability to navigate a various electronic devices (i.e. PC,
smart phone, tablet, etc.), the Internet and other applications to
obtain and enter information. Complete data analysis and
interpretation as required. Present and Train
- Ability to conduct effective, oral presentations of information
to customers and co workers to conduct:
- In-services training sessions to hospital staff and
- Product demonstrations
- Participation in team meetings
- Feedback of field activities
- Cross training of coworkers to complete both service center and
field functions Supervisory responsibilities include:
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities however does
require leadership, guidance, and mentorship of fellow Service
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Applicable technical or trade school training preferred
- 2+ years working with medical devices in a hands-on environment
- Experience working with FDA regulated products preferred
- Previous driving/delivery experience preferred
- Adapts to new technologies and is comfortable with the
Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Valid driver s license and driving record that meets company
and state requirement
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOT physical card
- Schedule flexibility/on-call
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Occasional overtime required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, analyze, and apply
technical information including but not limited to technical
manuals, technical bulletins, schematics, etc.
- Effectively present information both verbal and written in
one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and
other employees of the organization
- Basic mathematical skills related to calculating/analyzing
weights and measures, volume, distance, etc. PHYSICAL
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical
requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration
unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that
the physical requirement is an essential job function and the
applicant is unable to perform such function with or without
- Walk, climb, stand, stoop, kneel and bend at the waist
- Responsible for adhering to Hillrom Safety Procedures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Must wear personal protective equipment including but not
limited to safety shoes, eye protection, gloves, and protective
clothing. Gloves supplied include both latex and non-latex
- Frequently works in environments were biohazards could be
present. i.e. Hospitals, Service Centers, and Depots.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify
that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions
or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance
with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or
any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview
process..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: BAXTER, Cary , Field Service Technician II, Engineering , New Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!