Process Engineer, Packaging
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Expected Travel: Up to 10%Requisition ID: 5403About Teleflex
IncorporatedTeleflex is a global provider of clinically effective
medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of
people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless
pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients
and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions
in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional
cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional
urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex
employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do
every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit
teleflex.com.Global Functions - The Corporate division is the
central operating unit of the company; setting strategy and policy
and providing business development, finance, human resources,
information technology, investor relations and legal support to the
businesses. The global Company headquarters is located just outside
of Philadelphia in Wayne, PA. Join a dynamic, growing team that
offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology
solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.Position
SummaryResponsible for and/or assist in the design, testing and
validation of sterile and non-sterile packaging for medical
products for the Global Teleflex Packaging team. Package design
activities include risk analysis, design input, design output,
design verification and validation, and design transfer per the
Teleflex Design Control policies and procedures, and adherence to
all applicable global package integrity and protection standards.
Support process development, validation and implementation
activities within Teleflex manufacturing sites, contract
manufacturers or strategic suppliers as required. Assist or lead
updates to the product device master records (DMR), design history
files (DHF) or internal SOPs/Work Instructions in compliance with
the Teleflex Quality System.Principal Responsibilities
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop medical device
packaging, specifications and processes with input from the
packaging industry, physicians, marketing and manufacturing
adhering to the design control process.
- Aid redesign of existing packaging systems and manufacturing
processes to improve quality, utilize automated production
techniques, optimize process capabilities, and produce better
products in a more cost-effective manner.
- Interface with suppliers, Strategic Sourcing, R&D,
Marketing, Quality and Regulatory Affairs to deliver projects.
- For in-house manufactured and purchased packaging
systems/components, assist in the design control activities for the
new/replacement and existing product packaging and components.
- Assist with and coordinate the development/improvement of
packaging design & processes by utilizing tools such as DOE and
statical analysis; assist in implementation with appropriate
controls and metrics.
- Conduct or coordinate package testing in the internal Teleflex
Packaging Lab or with external testing services providers.
- For both in-house and purchased packaging systems/components,
coordinate the transfer of parts, assemblies, documentation and
processes from prototype stage, through pilot to production.
Generate product, process and experimental activity specifications
for the Device Master Record as required.
- Aid the project teams in meeting project objectives,
milestones, and target dates. Update and review project progress on
an as-required basis by supervisor.
- As requested, work with the Product Performance Team and
R&D personnel to lead investigation of product complaints
involving packaging to determine root cause and implement
- Learn the requirements of and operate in a medical device
- Learn the best practice and develop skills in project
management, scheduling and technical writing.
- Direct efforts of draftsmen, technicians, tradesman, and lab
personnel in the development of packaging related products,
processes, test fixtures, equipment, test procedures and
- Participate in design and technical phase views.
- Support packaging assessments, review of industry standards
updates, product regulatory submissions and/or limited market
evaluations/clinical trials as required.
- Ensure projects are developed and documented compliant with the
Teleflex Quality System.
- Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex's Code of
Ethics, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping
standards.Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science or Professional Engineer (PE) Certification
- Engineering or technical discipline (Packaging Science or
- Min. 3 years of relevant experience (product design, machine
design, manufacturing processes, medical device and/or
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Package testing and design knowledge.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computerized analysis
applications.Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Self-motivated, high energy, collaborative, positive attitude
individual with the initiative and drive for timely completion of
- Able to travel domestically and internationally.Teleflex, Inc.
is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F.
Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed,
color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation
to apply for a position, please contact us at:
262-439-1894.Teleflex is the home of Arrow -, Deknatel -, Hudson
RCI -, LMA -, Pilling -, R--sch -, UroLift - and Weck - - trusted
brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex
logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, R--sch, UroLift
and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex
Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Keywords: Teleflex, Cary , Process Engineer, Packaging, Engineering , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!