EUT Virtualization Engineer
Posted on: September 20, 2022
EUT Virtualization Engineer
Location: Cary, NC (hybrid)
Role Value Proposition:
The EUT Virtualization Engineer is responsible for the management
of large-scale global enterprise engineering and support of desktop
& workplace technologies and the delivery of such technologies via
virtualization solution. Engineer will provide technical support
for engineering teams, vendors, operations staff, peers, business
users and application developers as needed. Engineer will also be
responsible for providing directional design input on various
projects and architecture decisions.
- Participate in end user computing / workplace technology
solutions design, engineering, and optimization.
- Contribute to the overall direction of the technology
responsible for software, hardware, and resource decisions.
- Capacity planning, forecasting, performance tuning and
troubleshooting virtual environment hosting virtualized
applications and shared virtual desktops
- Contribute towards developing roadmaps based on industry
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and work in a DevOps
environment focused on project delivery.
- Participate in the planning for enterprise desktop systems
management software and architecture.
- Collaborate with internal Engineering teams, vendors and
external IT groups to design and implement Global solutions to meet
both global and local in-country business requirements based on
Domestic Reference Architecture.
- Participate and drive the evaluation and recommendation of new
- Lead internal and external resources to pilot and develop
solutions and create business cases for new innovative technologies
which creates efficiencies, drives down costs, and provides
stability for the Enterprise.
- Play key role in the identification and resolution of complex
end user computing problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured
troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Drive currency initiatives across different tiers of the
virtualization platform. Essential Business Experience and
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in system administration.
- Minimum of 5 years designing and implementing complex IT
- Minimum of 3 years working with Citrix.
- 3+ years of experience working in a Virtualization Engineering
and Architecture capacity (managing large scale environments,
installation, configuration and troubleshooting) with Microsoft
server and end user operating systems.
- 3+ years of experience working in an administrative capacity
(installation, configuration and troubleshooting) with end-user
virtualization technologies including but not limited to Citrix
Virtual Apps and Desktops (fka: XenApp and XenDesktop).
- Strong knowledge of VMware and PowerShell scripting.
- Advance knowledge and experience with Microsoft Group Policy
and user profile management.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 2012/2016/2019/Windows10.
- Advanced hands-on knowledge of Citrix Technologies and Citrix
- Knowledge of Active Directory including policies, LDAP, SAML,
- Thorough understanding of building, designing, implementing,
and managing IT solutions for services and/or applications.
- Experience working with offshore delivery partners and
- Good knowledge of ITIL. Service-oriented approach, flexible,
- Ability to drive projects to completion Preferred:
- Citrix Certifications CCA-V, CC-VAD-CC, CC-VAD-MA, CCA -
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Services such as Azure or AWS
- Strong knowledge of network, hardware and software,
infrastructure and design, topologies, and protocols.
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of Virtualization and dependent
technologies to provide strategic direction beyond immediately
supported suite of infrastructure and software. At MetLife, we're
leading the global transformation of an industry we've long
defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated
to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the
world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance,
annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its
individual and institutional customers navigate their changing
world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40
countries and holds leading market positions in the United States,
Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with
$642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31,
2021. We are ranked on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we
were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the
fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading
sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to
Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive
culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to
help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified
candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For
further information about how to request a reasonable
accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing
a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 126923
Keywords: MetLife, Cary , EUT Virtualization Engineer, Engineering , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!