Mechanical Engineer III
Company: TARGAN Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Mechanical Engineer III holds a supporting position in the
design and advancement of New Product Development (NPD) initiatives
for bio-devices for the global poultry industry. This vacancy is to
be filled with a highly creative, Hands-On Engineer, who will
participate and supports in NPD programs for new applied
bio-mechanical technology and devices from conceptualization to
development and commercialization, including, idea generation,
research, evaluation, product design detailing, feasibility
analysis, value assessment, product introduction, field application
and commercialization. This position supports development
initiatives internally through a matrix organization in addition to
providing support to external consulting and design firms, to
accelerate NPD initiatives. The primary objective is to create
sound mechanical drawings and design with emphasis on maintaining
costs and providing other team member with the required solution
for their specific application. The secondary objective is to
provide technician support in assembly and participation in tests
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop designs using 3D solid modeling and 2D ANSI standard
engineering drawings for suppliers, vendors or company reports
- Function as Checker for peer generated drawings, manuals and
- Support of design, detailing and prototyping of conveyor
systems, material handling equipment, and fluid systems.
- Aid in the evaluation of suppliers with respect to components
required for the local manufacture of systems on the basis of
quality, price and delivery capabilities.
- Create Bill of Materials and Documentation Packages.
- Process engineering Jobs through the design process within a
specific time-scale by utilizing new and previous system
- Provide support to production, purchasing and other functions
within the company as appropriate.
- Communicate with suppliers and provide the requested
information to these suppliers when required.
- Take part in functional engineering action plans as agreed from
time to time, and report on the results of these plans when
- Participate in product development teams as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with counterparts to ensure
compatibility of designs and engineering standards and product
information, as required.
- Maintain and update appropriate databases related to equipment
designs and technical machine design specifications and
- Contribute to the formulation and development of action plans
and key performance indicators for the Engineering department as
requested by Management.
- Provide support for service, production and other functions as
- Provide assistance as needed in prototype assembly and
- Operate with a sense of flexibility and available to assist in
other areas of the business based on various business
Education & Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Biomechanical Engineering or
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience developing
- Proficient in designing parts and assemblies in 3D CAD
- Experience designing sheet metal components and welded
assembliesDesired Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, and deploying
medical, diagnostics, or industrial automation systems
- Demonstrated experience designing and executing experiments to
solve complex mechanical problems
- Proficient in designing parts and assemblies in Solidworks CAD
- Experience developing motion-based electro-mechanical
- Experience developing microfluidics delivery components and
- Experience applying and/or using structural finite element
- Experience applying and/or using computational fluid dynamics
Keywords: TARGAN Inc., Cary , Mechanical Engineer III, Engineering , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!