Lead Security Engineer - IAM
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Alternate Job Location: United States : New York : New York United
States : Florida : Tampa United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater
United States : New Jersey : Whippany United States : Pennsylvania
: Clarks Summit
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Role Value Proposition
The Lead IAM Engineer will be responsible for delivering solutions
using various Identity and Access Management (IAM) tools including
Ping Identity, SiteMinder.
Responsibilities include technical leadership and guidance within
the domain to translate business requirements into architectural
patterns and solution designs that meet functional and
non-functional requirements. This position requires the resource to
be a subject matter expert (SME) in Single Sign On (SSO),
Federation and Directory. You must have strong collaboration skills
to work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure the
delivery of quality solutions while enforcing adherence to
MetLife's Information Security policies and regulatory
You would be part of the Global Identity and Access Management
team, who will contribute to building and supporting our new IAM
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- Design, configure, build, and Implement IAM solutions on PING
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for requirements consulting
and advise on the appropriate options on the PING platform.
- Provide leadership in Tier 3 troubleshooting working with
Vendors and application development teams.
- Work with development teams to integrate the IAM solution
across multiple applications and environments.
- Monitor and keep the IAM platforms in compliance and
- Proactively identify technical and procedural areas of concern
and proposes pragmatic solutions
- Actively work to drive automation and reduce manual
- Ensure IAM platform and related services is operating
efficiently and effectively through strong engineering &
- Guides team towards architecture North Star Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
other technical field plus at least 15+ years general IT experience
or no degree and at least 12+ years general IT experience.
- 10+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and
supporting SSO and IAM solutions.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in the implementation and
support of Identity & Federation services (preferably
- Knowledge of authentication & authorization standards (SAML2.0,
OAuth 2.0 and OIDC).
- 5+ years of experience in a related field, preferably in
professional services, financial services, or the insurance
- Knowledge of IAM security design principles. Preferred
- Experience in Application development and REST concepts
- Experience in any Cloud environment (Azure, AWS or Google)
- Ability to develop productive relationships with client and IT
management, staff and vendors
- Industry recognized security certification such as a CISSP or
- Experience in working Agile and DevOps engineering
environments. At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation
of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in
perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the
world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance,
annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its
individual and institutional customers navigate their changing
world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40
countries and holds leading market positions in the United States,
Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with
$642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31,
2021. We are ranked on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we
were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the
fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading
sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to
Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive
culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to
help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position specific to NYC is
$130,000-160,000. This role is also eligible for annual short-term
incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits
program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement
benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off.
All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified
candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For
further information about how to request a reasonable
accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing
a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: MetLife, Cary , Lead Security Engineer - IAM, Engineering , Moncure, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!