Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: January 8, 2019
Are you passionate about education* Do you want to work in a field where we believe every student should have a chance to succeed* Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your analytic skills in the education arena* The Education Value-Added Assessment System (EVAAS) team is seeking a talented individual to help provide our customers with the highest quality results possible.
As a Test Engineer on the EVAAS team, you will support customer analytic business needs through requirements analysis, analytic model validation and data verification.
* Analyze large volumes of customer data for accuracy and consistency.
* Translate business requirements into analytic methods, building analytic models, and verifying results of these models.
* Automate analytic testing processes.
* Develop and enhance custom software tools.
* Lead quality assurance efforts for all EVAAS Analytic projects.
* BS/BA degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or a related quantitative field.
* 1+ years of experience in data analysis or analytical consulting.
* 1+ years of experience programming in the SAS System.
* Experience with processing or analyzing educational data.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds.
* Ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
* Proven record of handling increasing responsibilities.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Test Engineer, Engineering , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!