Network Engineer III
Company: Apex Systems, Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2019
Description: Our client's Enterprise Solutions offers Network Engineering (NE) as a premium architecture and engineering service to augment traditional Managed Network Services (MNS) offerings. As part of this service, Network Engineers are designated to provide overall engineering oversight of the customer's managed network. The Network Engineer understands the customer's internetworking environment and is the customer's technical advisor for current and future technology deployment and adoption. The Network Engineer utilizes consistent and sound engineering principles and industry best practices allowing the customer to rely on them for technical expertise in the implementation and evolution of their architecture.
- As a Principal Engineer, you will create client solutions based on business requirements involving advanced networks, data center, security, and virtualization technologies; as well as development of fault and performance management policies and automation rules.
- Responsible for proactive client engagement at all client levels, technology lifecycle development, and planning & coordination with various internal/external stakeholders.
- Role will support standard and custom solution development initiatives and network management device and application certification for Managed Services solutions and clients.
- Close collaboration with Engineering/Planning, IT, Product Development, and various Verizon and external delivery and support teams to manage the design and implementation of client projects.
- Provide technical trainings and support for the Managed Services Operations team.
- Design, implement, and support solutions involving, but not limited to, WAN, LAN, WLAN, VoIP, Data Analytics, Security and Virtual (e.g.; Virtualization, SDN, NFV) technologies.
- Analyze, evaluate and communicate network capacity and performance data with the objective of driving improvements to customer's network.
- Responsible for matrix supervision of a team for specific projects, resource management, process documentation, and peer mentoring.
- Responsible for overseeing customer network documentation such as solution design document, record of change, and network diagrams.
- Provide 4th level incident support for customers.
- Responsible for presentations and demonstrations related to technology, process, or client solutions.
- Requires ownership of design and critical issues, creative thinking, and problem resolution skills.
- Responsible for the protection of Verizon customer proprietary network information and Verizon information assets. Additional Qualifications:
- Strong communicator internally and externally directed at clients and third parties
- Understanding of IT architecture design and development (TOGAF, ITIL, CCAr, DCUCD, MCSE Platform & Infrastructure, CITA-x, CISSP, CQS, or equivalent)
- Experience with and strong understanding of complex network and data center/cloud infrastructures (CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CCIE, or equivalent)
- Proven experience with complex TDM/IP voice architecture, SIP, SBCs (Sonus/Oracle) and contact centre applications (Cisco, Avaya, Genesis, Nice), and load Balancers (F5, et al.) (CCNx Collaboration, Linux/Unix OS, SSCA SIP, Sonus and Oracle Implementation Specialist, Avaya CIS/CSS, MCSE Communication/Productivity, Active Directory, DNS/LDAP, or equivalent)
- Understanding of IP-related protocols with emphasis on MPLS/BGP VPNs, BGP, OSPF, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, SMTP, SNMP, DNS and FTP
- Application development and related skills; affinity/interest in MySQL, VB script and shell scripting, Artificial Intelligence, RPA, AGILE/SCRUM methodology, mobile development, or equivalent experience
- Affinity/interest in cloud-based applications, virtualization (MCSE P&I, AWS CSA/CDE, VMware CMA, or equivalent)
- Affinity/interest for security issues concerning network infrastructure (CompTIA Security+, CISSP, SSCP, CRISC, or equivalent) - provided by Dice Network Design/Architecture, Client Engagement, Leadership Experience
Keywords: Apex Systems, Inc, Cary , Network Engineer III, Engineering , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!