Transportation (Roadway) Project Engineer
Posted on: March 13, 2019
For 26 years, CALYX has developed a reputation for providing quality services in the areas of site and civil engineering, building structure design, land surveying, roadway and structure design, subsurface utility engineering, construction engineering inspection, transportation planning, traffic services, water resources, cultural resources, and environmental services. CALYX is an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm (national and Southeast) and ranked #26 in the Zweig Group's "Hot" 100 Firms (U.S. and Canada). We are your proven partner, ready to assist you with your most ambitious plans.
CALYX IS NOW AN NV5 COMPANY
NV5 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, real estate and environmental markets. With a 70-year history and 2,200 employees, NV5 operates out of more than 100 locations nationwide and abroad in Macau, Hong Kong, and the UAE. NV5 is an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm and Zweig Group s #1 Hot Firm. For additional information, please visit the Company s website at www.NV5.com.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, is seeking a full-time transportation (roadway) project engineer for our Cary, NC office. The project engineer will be expected to complete project tasks within deadlines and work within allotted project budgets. This individual will also assist with mentoring junior transportation staff. The most frequent and essential work activities include:
* Provide roadway design and project assistance to the transportation design group.
* Communicate adequately with all team members.
* Ensure QA/QC process is followed.
* Market CALYX to NCDOT, SCDOT and local municipalities to obtain new contracts.
* Bachelor s Degree in Civil Engineering
* North Carolina PE License
* South Carolina PE License a plus
* Minimum of 6+ years experience in transportation engineering
* NCDOT/SCDOT experience a plus
* Knowledge of MicroStation and GeoPak Software
* Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver s license prior to employment-preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
* Work will primarily be in the office setting with limited opportunities to be exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
* Work will be primarily working with fingers by picking, pinching, typing and grasping often with repetitive motion.
* Must have visual acuity for viewing a computer screen, the ability to talk, hear and sit for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
* Weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be required.
* Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
CALYX / NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefit package.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: NV5, Cary , Transportation (Roadway) Project Engineer, Engineering , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!