Network Engineer Tier 2 Support
Posted on: July 15, 2019
What you'll be doing...
Positive customer experiences drive our business and you will be
part of a support team delivering high service levels to internal
and external customers by providing advanced online technical
support. You will learn our web portals and use your knowledge to
resolve issues that come up. Improving the customer experience
makes us better.
- Investigating and solving complex and unique trouble
- Learning our web portals and diagnosing, documenting and
- Escalating issues to developers as needed for additional
- Gathering necessary information from users and communicating
updates on ticket status.
- Acting with a sense of urgency to ensure high customer service
What we're looking for...
You enjoy digging into the details to find solutions. Communicating
with people comes naturally to you. Not only are you are a great
listener, but you know how to ask the right questions to get to the
root cause of an issue.
You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or two or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Network protocol experience including IPVPN, IP, MPLS, OSPF,
EIGRP, BGP and IPSec.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- DNS, NTP Firewalls, and ACLs experience.
- Proficiency on Juniper or Cisco routers.
- Great technical writing skills and the ability to write basic
test automation scripts.
--- Experience in troubleshooting Cisco Meraki Networks
- Knowledge of Cloud Security (Zscaler)
- Experience with Cloud Applications (F5)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow strict procedures and be disciplined in
installation, documentation, event handling, and change
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly as needed.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with internal
and external users and customers.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Cary , Network Engineer Tier 2 Support, Engineering , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!