Test Engineer - Contractor
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: November 11, 2019
* This is a 12 month Contract assignment requiring you to work out
of our Cary, NC HQ.
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker always
asking, What if*
If so, you may be the new team member we re looking for. Because at
SAS, your curiosity matters whether you re developing algorithms,
creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions.
Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services,
we inspire customers around the world to transform data into
intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries,
challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you ll do
As a SAS Test Engineer Contractor, you will conduct testing to
ensure quality within timeline expectations during the development
cycle for the in-house sales and marketing application.
* Designs, develops, and executes test plans, scenarios, and/or
* Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and
recommends corrective action.
* Interacts directly with developers to test program code to ensure
software quality and functionality.
* Involves stakeholders to ensure consistency in product and/or
* Identifies and verifies defects.
* Participates in project scoping and scheduling; tracks progress
of individual tasks and communicates status and risks.
* Reviews relevant documentation.
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Expected to ask questions and seek assistance as required without
* Exercises good judgment as to methods, techniques and evaluation
* Assists development staff with documentation examples.
* Coordinates testing procedures and schedules.
* Affects the quality of software products by influencing the
design and testability during development.
* Plans, implements, and adjusts scheduling strategies based on
* Suggests process improvements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Working knowledge of REST API, User Experience Design and
* End to End testing of Angular software.
* Solid understanding of software testing tools, methodologies and
* Knowledge of third-party products such as Postman, Restlet, or
* Knowledge of querying relational databases such as Oracle.
What we re looking for
* You re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are
our values and influence everything we do.
* You have a bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related
* Requires five years of experience testing software and/or general
* Travel on an as needed basis.
* 12 month contractor position.
* Location: Cary, NC HQ only.
* Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant
experience may be considered.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core
values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values
that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total
candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills,
problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators.
Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this
position will be determined based on the applicant's education,
skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they
are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow
us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Test Engineer - Contractor, Engineering , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!