Sr Director, SAS Documentation
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker always
asking, What if*
If so, you may be the new team member we re looking for. Because at
SAS, your curiosity matters whether you re developing algorithms,
creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions.
Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services,
we inspire customers around the world to transform data into
intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries,
challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
As a Sr Director, SAS Documentation, you are a leader with
expansive user documentation experience who is passionate about
applying leadership and collaboration to the Documentation team to
enabling our customers success. It is important we ensure dedicated
focus on the evolution of documentation as we continue toward
continuous release. This role will report to the Senior Vice
President of Research and Development Engineering and will interact
with senior leaders and development teams across Research and
Development (R&D) and the company.
You're an excellent match if you have strong people management
skills, have managed end-to-end creation of documentation, are a
self-directed problem solver, an excellent communicator, and have
managed a distributed team of writers. We are also looking for a
leader to approach this role with new ideas, a sense of urgency,
alignment to the CTO vision and most importantly the drive to
succeed, with a proven ability to deliver.
What you ll do
* Control, plan, and direct the activities for the group ensuring
alignment with division and corporate goals.
* Oversee managers of writing departments in which technical
writers and editor s research, plan, and develop documentation in
multiple formats (online, hardcopy, web-based, etc.) for
* Take overall product management responsibility for end-user
* Encourage and foster individual professional growth, teamwork,
and communication among managers and Division staff.
* Oversee the collection of customer feedback on products for use
in future planning and continuous product improvement.
* Work to continually develop more efficient ways of producing
end-user documentation products, deliverables, processes, or other
* Initiate and enable cross-divisional collaboration to improve
overall effectiveness of the R&D organization.
* Keep current on relevant industry trends and standards as well as
changing requirements and developments in the applicable product
What we re looking for
* You re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are
our values and influence everything we do.
* You have a bachelor s degree.
* 10+ years of experience documenting software.
* Advanced knowledge and competence in writing principles and
conventions and in the documentation process.
* Excellent knowledge of current industry trends in technical
information delivery technologies and tools, as well as in
* Ability to balance end-user needs with business and corporate
* Demonstrated success in developing and executing products and
* Demonstrated leadership, especially a matrix environment and
change agent skill sets.
* Ability to bring form and structure to the ambiguous.
* Extremely strong analytical, presentation, advanced abilities in
business modeling and excellent communication skills.
* Proven ability to interface, influence and manage with all levels
Nice to haves
* Strong understanding of SAS products, tools, platform and
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
* A leader of strong intellect and personal presence who inspires
confidence in people at all levels.
* Self-directed; able to spearhead initiatives, translate plans
into specific actions across a team, and execute with urgency.
* High degree of leadership, independent negotiation and
* Entrepreneurial with a can-do / hands-on mentality.
* Excellent listener who absorbs and respects the opinions of
others but is decisive and able to influence.
* A collaborative leader who empowers others.
* One who is accountable and in turn, holds people accountable.
* A change agent leading the Team to the desired state through
* A coach and developer of people.
* Leads by example and can generate respect and loyalty from peers,
superiors and subordinates, as well as external links.
* Emotionally intelligent, resilient, and mature.
* We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy
people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No
matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your
unique contributions will make a difference.
* Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds,
experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into
our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see
what you ll bring.
This position will be seated out of SAS Headquarters in Cary, North
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core
values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values
that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total
candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills,
problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators.
Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this
position will be determined based on the applicant's education,
skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they
are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Sr Director, SAS Documentation, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!