Senior Product Manager, Decisioning
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: January 17, 2020
As a Product Manager on the Cloud & Platform Technologies team, you
ll be responsible for shaping SAS s Intelligent Decisioning product
into an indispensable tool for enterprise customers across the
With your knowledge of rules development, rules management, model
development, model governance, and deploying models into
production, you ll help SAS deliver value to customers who seek
innovation and competitive advantage from model and decision
management. You will work on a team that manages SAS s platform
strategy, shaping the future of how that platform helps customers
with their entire analytics lifecycle.
What you ll do
* Define and prioritize product requirements based on business
drivers, customer inputs, market direction, and field
* Translate business requirements into technical, functional, and
* Define user personas and write use cases.
* Collaborate with and drive product development in R&D based
on requirements management, risk management, risk mitigation, and
* Support product launches as primary content provider to
facilitate knowledge transfer of product functionality to marketing
* Present product vision, roadmap, and software demonstrations to
internal constituents, customers, press and analysts, etc.
* Identify new market opportunities and evaluate emerging
technology and business issues that may present opportunities or
threats to the company.
* Serve as a product champion by analyzing external market trends,
competition, opportunities that impact the user and capabilities of
What we re looking for
* Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, computer science, or
* At least eight years of experience in experience in product
management, marketing, sales, consulting or related function in the
technology industry, preferably with a software vendor.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the
ability to engage in technical discussions with customers,
partners, and industry analysts.
* Excellent critical thinking skills with demonstrated history of
making good decisions in a fast-paced environment.
* Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
across multiple business units.
* Ability to innovate and define creative solutions with compelling
user experiences that exceed customer expectations.
* A self-starter with bias toward action and the know-how to
balance getting details right while still moving quickly.
* Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, as the job requires.
* Curiousity, passion, authenticity, and accountability. These are
our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
* Experience with SAS programming
* Experience with SAS Model Manager and/or SAS Intelligent
* Expertise with container and container orchestration technologies
such as Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience with design thinking
* Experience leading teams and/or collaborating
* We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services,
we inspire customers around the world to transform data into
intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries,
challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
* We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy
people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No
matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your
unique contributions will make a difference.
* Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds,
experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into
our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see
what you ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment
Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law,
and the notice Pay Transparency. Equivalent combination of
education, training and experience may be considered in place of
the above qualifications. The level of this position will be
determined based on the applicant's education, skills and
experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are
received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status.
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Senior Product Manager, Decisioning, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!