Building Structures Project Manager
Posted on: May 4, 2020
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to
public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five
business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure,
Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices
nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test,
certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we
live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers,
environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role
in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are
looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused
on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 is seeking a full-time Project Manager in our Cary or
Charlotte, NC office. The project manager will provide technical
expertise and project management associated with building structure
design projects. The individual should be able to demonstrate
project management experience with the ability to successfully
manage projects from concept through construction, meeting project
schedule and budget/fees. They should be capable of designing and
detailing concrete, steel, masonry, and wood structures. The
individual must have experience with the design of commercial,
institutional, healthcare, and/or educational facilities. The most
frequent and essential work activities include:
* Manage project engineering and production on projects assigned as
PM; projects limited in size and complexity.
* Assist other project managers by managing project engineering and
production of tasks assigned.
* Supervise and assist staff in design and plan production.
* Perform engineering design and detailing.
* Sign and seal calculations, specifications and plans you oversee
and are responsible for.
* Perform quality assurance and quality control reviews for other
PM s projects when needed.
* Communicate with and between staff, managers, peer engineering
companies and clients.
* Complete project tasks within deadlines and budgets.
* Meet with clients for projects and other business development
* Maintain good client relationships.
* Maintain good working relationships and respect with in-house
staff. Respect all staff and peers.
* Assist with technical mentoring of in-house design engineers and
* Assist in proposal development, including fee / project budget
* Track project financial performance and manage within project
fees / budget.
* Assist with and/or approve of project invoicing.
* Market all NV5 services to current clients and other potential
clients to obtain new contracts.
* Assist with Company s business development and networking
* Participate in professional and civic organizations.
* BS degree in Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering or MS
degree in Civil Engineering, structural focus
* NC PE license
* 7+ years of experience with Building Structure Design
* Must have experience with the design of commercial,
institutional, healthcare, and/or educational facilities
* Design experience in steel, concrete and masonry (wood and post
tensioned concrete a plus)
* Proficient with Ram Structural Systems, RISA, Enercalc, Microsoft
Suite and other structural design softwares
* AutoCAD and Revit Structure software experience is a plus
* Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver s license prior
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those
encountered while performing the essential functions of this
position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue
hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
* Work will primarily be in the office setting with limited
opportunities to be exposed to adverse environmental
* Work will be primarily working with fingers by picking, pinching,
typing and grasping often with repetitive motion.
* Must have visual acuity for viewing a computer screen, the
ability to talk, hear and sit for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 20 pounds
frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
* Weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be
* Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and
professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or
status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local
laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location
in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: NV5, Cary , Building Structures Project Manager, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!