Senior Director, Business Development
Company: Cato Sms
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Our company is seeking a Sales Hunter for the Mid-Atlantic
United States based territory, who is responsible for creating
brand new customers, qualifying leads, promoting the companys
regulatory and clinical trial services, and identifying sales
opportunities. They must clearly and convincingly articulate the
organizations offerings and value proposition and overcome initial
resistance from prospects.
Key Core Competencies for this Position:
- Influence and Persuasion Sales Hunters are effective in
persuading, convincing, influencing, or impressing others in order
to get them to support a specific agenda, make a specific type of
impression, or take a specific course of action.
- Achievement Motivation and Perseverance Individuals who exhibit
this competency display a determination to achieve ever-increasing
levels of performance. This competency involves setting high
standards and challenging goals for oneself, others, and the
organization, and requires a constant focus on achieving and
exceeding those goals.
- Initiating Action Individuals who exhibit this competency will
tend to be self-starters and will take a lead role in improving or
enhancing a product or service, avoiding problems, or developing
entrepreneurial opportunities. They will often demonstrate a
sincere positive attitude toward getting things done and will seek
out additional responsibilities that may go beyond the scope of
their formal job description.
- Relationship Building They develop effective long-term
professional interactions with others based on trust: trust that
they will always work toward the best interest of those involved
and that they are sufficiently competent to provide positive
- Active Listening Sales Hunters enhance mutual understanding in
communicating with others by expressing genuine interest in, and
providing full attention to, the content and meaning of others
- Composure and Resiliency They are able to deal effectively with
pressure, recover quickly from setbacks, and remain optimistic and
persistent even under adversity. They are also able to maintain
self-confidence and avoid overly emotional responses in tense or
This position will be highly visible in the market both with
existing customers to maintain appropriate communication with
sponsor before, during, and after contracted studies, as well as
prospecting for new customers.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Develops new leads and maintains existing customer accounts
using ethical sales methods and relationship building to optimize
the companys quality of services, business growth, and customer
- Employs strong prospecting and cold-calling skills and networks
in assigned territory to establish themselves as a valued resource
to existing and potential customer contacts and activities.
- Plans and organizes personal sales activities within assigned
territory to achieve company-established sales goals.
- Maintains and operates CRM software (Salesforce) to capture all
field and home office transactions related to all customer contacts
- Works with management to complete periodic sales reports and
show performance against established goals and incentives.
- Attends approved local and national marketing activities,
conferences/expositions, customer meetings, and other functions
that facilitate business development and attain sales goals.
- Communicates with clinical and regulatory staff to ensure
effective and efficient flow of sponsor requirements regarding
studies or programs and ensure accurate and timely communication
with sponsors on their programs.
- Obtains sufficient technical knowledge, enabling business
development staff to accurately represent internal operations to
sponsors, Drafts and follows through until project related
documents are executed. This includes CDAs, MSAs, proposals or
RFPs, project quotes, contracts, and invoices.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5+ years in a business development role, backed with a
science degree (BS,, PharmD or equivalent) and laboratory
- A demonstrated ability to prospect and build relationships in
the region and proven ability to build customer base.
- A record of accomplishment of meeting and exceeding established
sales related goals.
- Excellent communication and follow up skills internally and
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use a CRM database to
- Knowledge of preclinical and clinical drug development and
preclinical and clinical study designs and procedures as well as
current FDA requirements and guidances on bioanalytical method
development and sample analysis.
- Possess knowledge of preclinical and clinical drug development
and preclinical and clinical study designs and procedures.
- Ability to travel regularly within region
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Cato Research LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote qualified
persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel
actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color,
national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, marital status, military and/or veteran status, or
disability. Furthermore, to the extent required by applicable laws
and/or Executive Orders, we take affirmative action to ensure that
minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently
separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service
medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into
our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities. Cato
Research, LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations
to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent
required by the Americans with Disabilities Act - ADA. If you feel
you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are
encouraged to contact us at 919.361.2286.by Jobble
Keywords: Cato Sms, Cary , Senior Director, Business Development, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!