Building Structures Project Manager
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and
consulting services to public and private sector clients,
delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing,
Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services;
Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and
Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5
helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate
projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers,
environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role
in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are
looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused
on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.Responsibilities:NV5 is
seeking an energetic and proactive full-time Building Structures
Project Manager, for our Cary, NC office. This individual will
provide technical expertise and project management associated with
building structure design projects. The individual should be able
to demonstrate project management experience with the ability to
successfully manage projects from concept through construction,
meeting project schedule and budget/fees. They should be capable of
designing and detailing concrete, steel, masonry, and wood
structures. The individual must have experience with the design of
multi-family, light industrial, commercial, institutional,
healthcare, and/or educational facilities.
The most frequent and essential work activities include:
- Manage project engineering and production on projects assigned
as PM; projects limited in size and complexity.
- Assist other project managers by managing project engineering
and production of tasks assigned.
- Supervise and assist staff in design and plan production.
- Perform engineering design and detailing.
- Sign and seal calculations, specifications and plans you
oversee and are responsible for.
- Perform quality assurance and quality control reviews for other
PM's projects when needed.
- Communicate with and between staff, managers, peer engineering
companies and clients.
- Complete project tasks within deadlines and budgets.
- Meet with clients for projects and other business development
opportunities. Maintain good client relationships.
- Maintain good working relationships and respect with in-house
staff. Respect all staff and peers.
- Assist with technical mentoring of in-house design engineers
- Assist in proposal development, including fee / project budget
- Track project financial performance and manage within project
fees / budget.
- Assist in and/or approve of project invoicing.
- Market all NV5 services to current clients and other potential
clients to obtain new contracts.
- Assist with Company's business development and networking
- Market Company by involvement in professional and civic
organizations.Qualifications:Prerequisites for employment include:
- Bachelor's degree in Architectural Engineering, Civil
Engineering or Master's in Civil Engineering, structural focus
- Professional Engineer license
- 7 - 12 years of experience with the Building Structure Design
- Design experience in steel, concrete and masonry (wood and post
tensioned concrete a plus)
- Proficient with Ram Structural Systems, RISA, Enercalc,
Microsoft Suite and other structural design softwares
- AutoCAD and Revit Structure software experience is a plusWork
environment and physical demands of this position:
The characteristics described below are representative of those
encountered while performing the essential functions of this
position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue
hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- Work will primarily be in the office setting with limited
opportunities to be exposed to adverse environmental
- Work will be primarily working with fingers by picking,
pinching, typing, and grasping often with repetitive motion.
- Must have visual acuity for viewing a computer screen, the
ability to talk, hear and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 20 pounds
frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.NV5 offers a
competitive compensation and benefits package including medical,
dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or
status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local
laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location
in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: NV5, Cary , Building Structures Project Manager, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!