General Manager - Sports Social Cary
Company: Sports Social
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Sports & Social Cary is the ULTIMATE FAN EXPERIENCE. This
one-of-a-kind sports bar will boast a 2 story, 42-foot LED media
wall, and over 30 HDTVs, it's the next best thing to watching the
game at the stadium. Sports & Social will offer guests an elevated
dining and beverage experience including made-from-scratch menu
items and curated cocktails. Enjoy live music, interactive social
games like hoops, Beirut, shuffleboard and more.
Sports & Social is seeking fun and motivated hospitality
professionals. Enjoy a fun work environment, discounts to our
venues and events, and thorough training. Raise the sports bar with
General Manager Responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Control the day-to-day operations of the venue within the
policies and guidelines set forth by the company.
- Maintain a professional company image, including restaurant and
bar cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Manage service contracts with outside vendors, including
consulting agreements, including all third-party entertainment
vendors, as well as Entertainment Director if applicable.
- Preparation of Ops Statements and other financial disclosures
and taking appropriate actions.
- Control Profit & Loss by following cash control/security
procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing
financial reports and taking appropriate actions to include
maintaining appropriate stock of liquor, beer and other bar or
- Ensure the daily deposits have been deposited, safe counts
conducted and venue's cash is secured at all times.
- Maintain cost of goods sold, nightly comps, nightly recap
reports and safe audits by overseeing inventory counts.
- Respond to customer service needs to provide the highest
standards of service.
- Complete financial and personnel/payroll related administrative
duties accurately, on time and in accordance with company
- Recruit, interview and hire team management members; train,
supervise and motivate; take disciplinary action and terminate team
management members when necessary.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and
equipment needed to effectively carry out their job
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk
of injury and accidents.
- Representing the venue in a professional manner to the
community-at-large, including local businesses, civic
organizations, and media.
General Manager Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required; 4 year college degree or
equivalent with course work in restaurant management,
- At least 5 years' experience in restaurant/nightclub
management, multi-unit management a plus, and have proven ability
to thrive in such environment.
- Must speak fluent English, other languages preferred.
- Good people management skills, communication and listening
- Proven ability to lead a team and communicate efficiently, both
verbally and in writing.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational
- Must be internally motivated and detail oriented and have a
passion for teaching others.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to include evenings,
weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
The General Manager position requires the ability to perform the
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Moving about the venue safely and efficiently.
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils.
- Bending, stooping and kneeling.
Keywords: Sports Social, Cary , General Manager - Sports Social Cary, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!