Director, Sports and Influencer Partnerships
Company: The V Foundation
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Join a team that truly makes a difference in the world by funding
game-changing cancer research and saving lives. The V Foundation
for Cancer Research, co-founded by legendary basketball coach and
announcer Jim Valvano and ESPN, provides a fun and rewarding
environment where your work accelerates Victory Over Cancer. The V
Foundation is a diverse community where employees are valued for
their ideas and contributions. We offer phenomenal benefits
including 100% of healthcare costs covered for you and your family
and a generous paid time off plan.
Job Summary Overview
Under the general direction of the VP of Business & Sports
Partnerships, the Director, Sports & Influencer Partnerships will
design and execute a proactive strategy and plan to recruit and
steward new and existing athletes, coaches, celebrities, and
influencers to increase awareness, drive relevance and revenue of
the V Foundation. This position will work closely with talent,
their representatives and across the V Foundation to manage
appearances at events, coordinate social media and marketing
support and raise funds to support the V Foundation's mission.
This person should be very comfortable working with high profile
personalities, their support staff, V Foundation board and
leadership and corporate and sports partners. They will be
organized, goal oriented and a team player and demonstrate a
passion for our mission. The ideal candidate will bring an
extensive list of contacts to help open new doors for us.
The Director will leverage several built-in strengths of the
organization, including positive reputational awareness, a strong
board of directors, and a dedicated team. The V Foundation also
enjoys productive relationships with iconic brands and critical
industry and research partners, including our founding partner
ESPN, WWE, Bristol Myers Squibb, and more.
- Build and execute program to grow roster of V Foundation
ambassadors to support marketing and events - 45%
- Design and execute program including target lists based on
research of potential ambassadors who would support the work of our
- Develop collateral and materials used to recruit, secure and
onboard ambassadors. Manage agreements, onboarding decks and
- Identify events and marketing opportunities where the
ambassadors can best be utilized based on their passions/interests
and the needs of the V Foundation
- Continuously monitor the press, social media, etc. to identify
potential ambassadors with a passion for our cause and develop
- Engage with V Foundation board, key partners, etc. to grow
2. Manage existing portfolio of ambassadors across our marketing
and event calendar - 45%
- Steward relationships throughout the year based on V Foundation
calendar, key events, milestones, and content development
- Partner closely with marketing, development, and events teams
to match ambassadors to the right opportunities
- Create win-win relationships based on ambassador passion areas
and needs of V Foundation by developing and executing engagement
- Work closely with Business Partnerships team on identifying
partner-connected ambassadors/influencers to support tentpole and
other partner initiatives'
- Track ambassador engagement and deliver quarterly and annual
impact reports based on approved and executed strategic engagement
strategies per ambassador.
3. Explore and implement programs that leverage newer technologies
(NFTs) and new platformsto reach newer audiences and raise
awareness and dollars. Secure new partnershipopportunities that
target young, diverse, digitally savvy audiences - 10%
- 8+ years of experience in working with sports personalities,
celebrities, and social influencers
- Proactive self-starter with strong business development skills
and a sense of urgency to achieve aggressive goals.
- Demonstrated track record of building talent development
pipeline and delivering increased value to organizations - reach,
relevance, and revenue.
- A belief in the value of diversity, equity, and inclusion in
the workplace and action that demonstrates this
- Strong sense of initiative and an outcomes-oriented mindset
that encourages teamwork and collaboration with internal and
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
and Sales Force
Experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
- Demonstrated track record of delivering increased promotion
driving awareness and relevance as well as incremental revenue
through charitable events, platforms and fundraising initiatives
(auction experiences, call to donate, personal contributions).
- Working knowledge of CRM to utilize moves management for
reporting accuracy and accountability.
- An understanding of influencer marketing and the role it plays
in generating brand awareness and revenue, as well as an ability to
coordinate with the efforts of cross-functional teams and
Keywords: The V Foundation, Cary , Director, Sports and Influencer Partnerships, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!