Company: Veolia North America
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Company DescriptionVeolia Water Technologies, Inc. is an industry
leader in providing water and wastewater solutions to industrial
and municipal customers. Our parent company, Veolia Environment
(VE), is a global leader in optimized resource management. With
over 187,000 employees worldwide, the company designs and provides
water, waste and energy management solutions that contribute to the
sustainable development of communities and industries. Through its
three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop
access to resources, preserve available resources, and to replenish
them.Job DescriptionSUMMARY:This position will lead the effort on
design build or equipment supply integrated projects. The Project
Manager manages the flow of information between internal team
members, external team members and clients. This role requires
frequent and efficient communication between many departments based
on the needs of a project.Responsible for leading the
organization's efforts on projects from handoff from sale, through
project execution, commissioning, and ending with the expiration of
warranty. Provide input and assistance to the sales team during the
tender phase. Must plan, communicate, coordinate resources, and
promote internal and external interfacing from project initiation
until closeout. Projects include municipal and/or industrial water
and wastewater projects ranging in scope from equipment supply to
design build and/or solutions efforts on small to medium scale
projects.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs all aspects of execution including engineering,
procurement, project controls, construction and start-up.
- Corresponds directly with the client on process, scope, and
equipment to further the project.
- Communicates project resources, deliverables, and
goals/objectives to project team.
- Manages and plans resources pertaining to a project.
- Consults with management on key decisions affecting budget,
scope, and schedule.
- Maintains a good relationship with the customer, engineer,
subcontractors, and vendors.
- Negotiate with suppliers and customers through Procurement and
- Delegates tasks in line with project needs and deadlines.
- Provides monthly reports covering status, cost vs. budget,
percentage complete, etc.
- Communicates a working understanding of design, construction,
and/ or operations of technologies/project offerings.
- Evaluates internal and external contracts and interpret
- Responsible for preparing all internal costing, tax, legal, and
risk assessment documentation and obtain
- Up to five years of experience is required for this position in
the field of project engineering and management.
- A Bachelor's Degree is mandatory to be able to perform the
functions of this job
- A Master's Degree preferred in an engineering discipline.
- A Professional Engineer's License (PE) and/or Project
Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly
desired.SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
- Must have excellent written communication skills as the
employee will be required to communicate through letters, internal
memoranda, published works, written reports and proposals.
- The successful candidate will have experience assigning work to
- Must plan projects on a regular basis. This entails not only
planning one's own work, but scheduling the work of other project
team members. Will have responsibility for the ultimate success or
failure of a project and therefore must plan accordingly to assure
a timely and cost effective finish.ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES/BEHAVIORS
- Assignments are received by the employee with timeframes,
results expected, and standard procedures already known. The
employee must use independent judgment at times to make sure the
project stays on pace in regards to schedule, quality, and
- In order to make decisions and solve problems the successful
candidate will have to analyze and examine varying types of
information including project progress from others on the project
team, the employee's own findings, and data from the worksite.
- Duties for this position vary from the common to the uncommon.
Common tasks are often completed by following proven processes and
procedures. Uncommon tasks may require the employee to use methods
that are outside of the standard technique or to contact a
supervisor for assistance.
- Decisions made have the ability to affect company-wide
operations and therefore must be made soundly and
correctly.Additional InformationVeolia Group aims to become the
benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly
220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and deploys
game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for
water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary
activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve
available resources and renew them. In 2021, Veolia supplied 79
million people with drinking water and 61 million people with
wastewater services, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours of
energy and treated 48 million metric tons of waste. Veolia
Environnement (Paris Euronext: Veolia Environnement (Paris
Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28.508 billion
euros in 2021.EOE/AA-M/F/D/VAs an inclusive company, Veolia is
committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all
applications, without discrimination.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Cary , Project Manager, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!