Technical Delivery Manager
Company: Software Guidance & Assistance
Posted on: October 9, 2018
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an Technical Delivery Manager for a Right to Hire assignment with one of our premier Insurance clients in Cary, NC. We are looking for a highly motivated Technical Delivery Manager to lead the design and development of the next generation Sales and Serving platforms at this client. These global platforms will lay the foundation for overall digital strategy for the company. This strong communicator with proven experience will drive and execute delivery of these platforms to the client s own locations as well as partners and subsidiaries worldwide. As a strategic thinker with technical depth, this person will collaborate with partners, vendors and scale the platforms development and adoption. Responsibilities :
- Responsible for managing multiple development projects, development groups and/or application support functions for a business segment.
- Provide technical solutions to business requirements and issues.
- Adhere to development schedules and ensure the delivered product meets the technical specifications and design requirements.
- Work with architects and development teams in helping elaborate the solution and translate them into design artifacts, specifications that the development team can understand and execute.
- Expected to be technical and able to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Oversees the development and implementation of multiple, complex, organization-wide systems.
- Defines and manages resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures best practice development techniques.
- Works closely with client departments in development and implementation of application programs having impact on improving the business.
- Advises application owners on the technology possibilities and requirements.
- Directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Assists in developing vendor statements of work, deliverables and SLAs
- Defining best practices for team keeping long term vision in mind
- Reports out the status of project(s) assigned
- Full people management responsibility, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, training & development
- Ensure vendor performance and deliverables meet contract specifications
- Attracts and develops talent to enhance the team s effectiveness
- Promptly escalate issues which affect project delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence and report same to reporting manager Required Skills:
- Minimum 8+ years of design and development experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a manager or lead
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to design scalable and resilient distributed systems
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, and apply abstract design concepts
- Demonstrated interpersonal and consultative skills
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Should be able to provide effort estimates and plan for required deliverables, projects
- Strong experience in software quality governance
- Excellent coordination skills to work with partners SGA is a Certified Women s Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at .
Keywords: Software Guidance & Assistance, Cary , Technical Delivery Manager, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!