Sr Manager, Services Delivery - Retail
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: February 8, 2019
As a Sr Manager, Services Delivery at SAS, you will manage a team of customer facing Project Managers within the Global Hosting and U.S. Professional Services (GHUSPS) PMO organization and ensure delivery of projects, maximizing revenues and meeting defined goals and targets of the organization. You will collaborate with all applicable internal departments and divisions and be instrumental in the adoption of SAS solutions by customers.
* Oversee the practice objectives and the acquisition and development of resources to meet those objectives.
* Actively manage the team portfolio to balance workload assignments and resources with the achievement of Division metrics for revenue, profitability, realization, and customer satisfaction (both internal and external).
* Work with Technical teams to ensure appropriate staffing of projects.
* Provide staff with clear understanding of responsibilities, accountabilities, and the growth plan by communicating and managing work assignments, trainings, and performance evaluations.
* Keeps abreast of trends in the relative and competitive marketplace.
* Professionally represent SAS internally as well as with customers in the areas of relationship management, issue resolution, and at appropriate conferences/forums.
* Ensure staff compliance with established policies and procedures including, but not limited to; time reporting, project administration/reporting, skills inventory, staff profiles, methodologies, quality assurance, and project closeout.
* Collaborate regularly with appropriates pre-sales, sales, divisional or global management to ensure progress toward joint goals pertinent to Division or Corporate objectives.
* Provide reliable service delivery quality through leadership of the team, communicating and enforcing accountabilities of staff.
* Be accountable for results of customer satisfaction and retention, and for the portfolio of projects charted of the group being managed, this includes: financials, revenue, profitability, and realization.
* Bachelor s degree, preferably in a quantitative field or related industry.
* 12+ years of experience in the technical implementation of software systems and managing large projects and programming teams.
* 5+ years of direct customer experience.
* Experience managing large or complex application/software development projects.
* Coursework or degree in Marketing, Business, or Management preferred.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
* Prior SAS management experience or experience managing project managers.
* Retail industry experience.
* 2+ years of formal management experience.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
* Strong management, communication and leadership skills.
* Demonstrated team-building, organizational, and planning skills.
* Ability to conceptualize client needs and translate them into specific implementation strategies; superior problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated business and consulting knowledge; superior executive presence, including negotiation and presentation skills.
* Travel as required to fully support the business, and at management discretion.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Sr Manager, Services Delivery - Retail, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!