Product Manager, Platform Security
Company: SAS Institute Inc.
Posted on: March 13, 2019
Overview:As a Product Manager on the Cloud & Platform Technologies team, you will be responsible for shaping SAS s advanced analytics platform into an indispensable solution for enterprise customers across the globe. With your knowledge of software security and the regulatory landscape, you will help SAS deliver products with the assurances our customers need. You will work on a team that manages SAS s platform strategy, shaping the future of how that platform helps customers ensure security throughout the entire analytics lifecycle. This role also analyzes new and emerging IT operational standards, partnering with appropriate R&D teams to drive assessment and ensure support.Responsibilities:
- Define and prioritize product requirements based on business drivers, customer inputs, market direction, and field contribution.
- Translate business requirements, regulatory requirements, and industry security requirements into technical, functional, and non-functional requirements for SAS software.
- Define user personas and write use cases.
- Collaborate with and drive product development in R&D based on requirements management, risk management, risk mitigation, threat modeling, and product lifecycles.
- Present product vision, roadmap, and software demonstrations to internal constituents, customers, press and analysts, etc.
- Identify new market opportunities and evaluate emerging technology, regulatory, and business issues that may present opportunities or threats to the company.
- Serve as a product champion by analyzing external market trends, competition, opportunities that impact the user and capabilities of the platform.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, computer science, or related discipline
- Eight-plus years of experience in experience in product management, marketing, sales, consulting or related function in the technology industry
- Experience with software security and/or product incident response
- Experience with cloud computing models (SaaS, PaaS) and cloud-native development methodologies
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, as the job requiresAdditional:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage in technical discussions with customers, partners, and industry analysts
- Excellent critical thinking skills with demonstrated history of making good decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment across multiple business units
- A self-starter with bias toward action and the know-how to balance getting details right while still moving fastPreferred qualifications:
- Security-related certification such as CSSLP, CISSP, or other relevant
- Experience with BSIMM, Open SAMM, or other software security maturity models
- Familiarity with NIST and ISO security requirements as well as GDPR and other regulations
- Experience with SAS programming and/or SAS products such as Visual Analytics
- Experience with cloud computing environments such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft AzureSAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.Additional Information:To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute Inc., Cary , Product Manager, Platform Security, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!