Software Development Engineering Manager - Big Data
Company: Met Life
Posted on: May 17, 2019
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer who will work on the
ingesting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data.
Transforming the data using Bigdata tools. The primary focus will
be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then
maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be
responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across
- Ingesting huge volumes data from various platforms for
- Building and Implementing ETL process developed using Big data
tools such as Spark(scala/python),Hive Nifi etc.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary
- Perform code reviews and ensure the code is production ready
and follows the best practices and standards.Supervisory
Responsibilities: Leads and motivates project team members that are
not direct reports, as well as providing work direction to
lower-level staff members making sure they follow the best
practices and standards put together.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of solutions development experience
- Extensive Experience with Spark & Scala, Python and performance
tuning is a MUST
- Proficiency and extensive experience in HDFS, SQOOP Hive, Pig,
Flume, Kafka etc.
- Performance tuning and problem solving skills is a must
- Proficiency and extensive experience in developing SQLs and
- Degree in Computer Science or related field Preferred:
- Experience with Informatica PC/BDM 10 and implemented push down
processing into Hadoop platform, is a huge plus.
- Experience in building ETL pipelines using Nifi.
- Experience dealing with unstructured data formats while
ingesting in to the platform and exposing for consumption
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase
- Data warehousing concepts and Experience in migrating legacy
warehouses into Big data platform.
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Azure is a huge
- Defining data security principals and policies using Ranger and
Kerberos. At MetLife, we re leading the global transformation of an
industry we ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in
perspective, we re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance
of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to
ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or
harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status,
genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member
or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will
be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you
will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have
successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 108859
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager,
management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship
Keywords: Met Life, Cary , Software Development Engineering Manager - Big Data, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!