Strategic Release Management Senior Lead
Company: Met Life
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
The role of Strategic Release Management Senior Lead resides in the
Service Operations Organization within the Global Infrastructure
Technology & Operations (GITO) department which is aligned under
the Global Technology line of business. Strategic Release
Management is responsible for streamlining the process(s) of
governing, planning and controlling the movement of releases to
test and production environments. The primary objective is to
ensure that the strategic process provides integrity of the
production environment, the correct components are released in a
timely, cost-effective manner and to enable the creation and
support of digital business solutions that provide MetLife with a
competitive advantage. Release Management Senior Lead has overall
responsibility for the next-generation strategic process that
governs the planning, movement, tracking and requirements of all
releases to production environments while ensuring that the
integrity of the environment is protected.
- The Senior Lead will partner with Application Development,
Application Maintenance Services, Architecture, Engineering &
Service Operations organizations to lead the strategic direction
and consolidation of Release Management and Operational Readiness
processes and toolsets.
- The candidate is tasked with leading a high performing team
that leverages automation and develops efficient methods for
supporting new technologies to ensure operational stability across
all platforms as releases move across all environments.
- Implementation of LEAN IT, DevOps and Agile methodologies
integrated with next gen Release Mgmt process, standardization,
consolidation and integration of appropriate quality assurance
aspects to ensure consistent and effective execution; lead the
implementation of both tactical and strategic roadmaps
- Establish common understanding of Release process, governance
and operating schema with IT and business stakeholders and
- Foster interaction and accountability with internal customers,
industry partners and vendors regarding thought-leadership,
industry trends, product directions and required product
enhancements for Release Management toolset.
- Manage relationship with App dev, Architecture, Engineering,
Service Owners, and Solutions Delivery to ensure high availability,
resiliency, and cost-effectiveness to provide best-in-class
strategic Release Management practices.
- Develop a COE for Global Release Management, ensuring a global
understanding of the IT Release cadence, governance, metrics,
reporting and operating schema with IT and business stakeholders
- Lead an overall Release Management schedule with milestones
showing key dependencies between components of the release, key
phase transitions for various components, how projects are
integrated together, shared testing phases, automated operational
readiness .etc. Essential Business Experience and Technical
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related technical
- 6+ years of related Strategic, Operational, Business or
Industry work experience.
- Lean IT, DevOps ITIL V3+, and Agile methodology education and
- Broad knowledge of IT systems, Automation toolsets, and
Industry best practices.
- ServiceNow ITSM (product owner, architect or development)
- Strong oral & written communication skills, considerable
presentation experience with strong collaboration and
- Ability to lead / execute on multiple assignments concurrently
in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Strong customer service focus. Preferred:
- ServiceNow ITBM (APM / PPM), Data Analytics
- Proficient with the MS Office suite used in day to day work
- Proficiency in language in addition to English. E.G. Spanish,
Japanese, Chinese, French, Portuguese, etc. Business Category
Global Technology & Operations
At MetLife, we re leading the global transformation of an industry
we ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we
re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance
of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to
ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or
harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status,
genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member
or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will
be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you
will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have
successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 109252
Keywords: Met Life, Cary , Strategic Release Management Senior Lead, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!