Environmental Project Manager
Posted on: June 14, 2019
For 26 years, CALYX has developed a reputation for providing
quality services in the areas of site and civil engineering,
building structure design, land surveying, roadway and structure
design, subsurface utility engineering, construction engineering
inspection, transportation planning, traffic services, water
resources, cultural resources, and environmental services. CALYX is
an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm (national and
Southeast) and ranked #26 in the Zweig Group's "Hot" 100 Firms
(U.S. and Canada). We are your proven partner, ready to assist you
with your most ambitious plans.
CALYX IS NOW AN NV5 COMPANY
NV5 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and
technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and
private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction,
real estate and environmental markets. With a 70-year history and
2,200 employees, NV5 operates out of more than 100 locations
nationwide and abroad in Macau, Hong Kong, and the UAE. NV5 is an
Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm and Zweig Group s #1
Hot Firm. For additional information, please visit the Company s
website at www.NV5.com.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, is seeking an
environmental project manager for our Cary, NC office. The
environmental project manager will provide technical expertise,
assistance, and project management associated with environmental
services projects. The individual should be able to demonstrate
project management experience and the ability to successfully
manage project from beginning to end. The most frequent and
essential work activities include:
* Supervise and assist with field investigations and data
* Assist in training junior staff.
* Responsible for completing and overseeing natural resource
related projects including wetland delineations, stream
determinations, permitting, and protected species surveys.
* Supervise and assist with the completion of technical
* Communicate between staff, managers, agency personnel, and
* Complete project tasks within deadlines and budgets.
* Develop scopes of work and fee estimates; manage project budgets
and coordinate project billing.
* BS degree in biology, botany, ecology, wildlife or similar
* Minimum of 8 years of experience working with natural resource
* Excellent writing skills and ability to interpret and present
field data in technical reports
* Experience and positive relationships with regulatory
* Experience with preparing/procuring CWA Section 404/401 Permits
and State Buffer Authorizations
* Willingness to assist other environmental services staff with
varying project work including bat-related projects (mist netting,
acoustics, structure checks), aquatic (fish, mussel, etc) surveys,
mitigation site management, and formal ESA Section 7
* Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite), strong
knowledge of Trimble GPS and GIS
* Experience with transportation-related projects, particularly,
NCDOT projects, preferred
* Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver s license prior
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those
encountered while performing the essential functions of this
position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue
hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
* This position will be subject to outside environmental
conditions, including weather conditions such as wet and /or humid
environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work
* Some work will be in the field involving long term standing and
frequent walking as well as include common hazards at project
* Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 50 pounds
frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
* Must be able to wade in water, walk over rough and uneven terrain
and be able to walk and/or stand up to 10-12 hours a day on
* Must have the ability to see, smell, hear, talk, climb, balance,
stoop, kneel and twist, crouch, crawl, reach, grasp, sit, stand,
* Weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel will
* Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
CALYX NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefit package.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status
as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state
and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws
governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: NV5, Cary , Environmental Project Manager, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!