Network Engineer - Incident Management
Posted on: July 11, 2019
What you'll be doing...
When our customers have a major technology incident that impacts
their critical applications and services, you'll be there to take
charge and manage the situation. You will be responsible for
driving multiple activities to restore services in a way that meets
or exceeds customer expectations. Your role will be pivotal to make
sure that the incident management process work as planned and that
we learn from these situations to continually improve.
- Designing, implementing and managing the Incident Management
process including creating and updating all supporting
- Directing activities and establishing command and control
during technology incidents.
- Coordinating and driving all activities during the incident on
the incident bridge to quickly restore services.
- Ensuring status updates are provided to company leadership and
customers during recovery activities.
- Overseeing post incident debrief meetings to identify root
causes and engage vendors.
- Ensuring that event details are gathered to provide necessary
communications to customer and internal teams.
- Ensuring that scenario based escalation lists are established,
maintained and implemented as appropriate.
What we're looking for...
You have a strong knowledge of incident problem and resolution
processes. Executing against strategies for technology resolution,
you perform well under pressure and can manage multiple operational
activities. You work well independently as well as collaboratively
with diverse business teams and vendors.
You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or two or more years of work
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to be on call for some weekends and perform shift
work in a 24/7 operation center.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Network, WAN,
LAN, Voice, Data Center, and Security or Applications support.
- Experienced in managing large scale technology incidents.
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Cary , Network Engineer - Incident Management, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!