Building Structures Project Manager
Posted on: August 14, 2019
For 26 years, CALYX has developed a reputation for providing
quality services in the areas of site and civil engineering,
building structure design, land surveying, roadway and structure
design, subsurface utility engineering, construction engineering
inspection, transportation planning, traffic services, water
resources, cultural resources, and environmental services. CALYX is
an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm (national and
Southeast) and ranked #26 in the Zweig Group's "Hot" 100 Firms
(U.S. and Canada). We are your proven partner, ready to assist you
with your most ambitious plans.
CALYX IS NOW AN NV5 COMPANY
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to
public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five
business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure,
Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices
nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test,
certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we
live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers,
environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role
in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are
looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused
on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, is seeking a
full-time Project Manager in our in our Cary, NC office. The
project manager will provide technical expertise and project
management associated with building structure design projects. The
individual should be able to demonstrate project management
experience with the ability to successfully manage projects from
concept through construction, meeting project schedule and
budget/fees. They should be capable of designing and detailing
concrete, steel, masonry, and wood structures. The individual must
have experience with the design of commercial, institutional,
healthcare, and/or educational facilities. The most frequent and
essential work activities include:
* Manage project engineering and production on projects assigned as
PM; projects limited in size and complexity.
* Assist other project managers by managing project engineering and
production of tasks assigned.
* Supervise and assist staff in design and plan production.
* Perform engineering design and detailing.
* Sign and seal calculations, specifications and plans you oversee
and are responsible for.
* Perform quality assurance and quality control reviews for other
PM s projects when needed.
* Communicate with and between staff, managers, peer engineering
companies and clients.
* Complete project tasks within deadlines and budgets.
* Meet with clients for projects and other business development
* Maintain good client relationships.
* Maintain good working relationships and respect with in-house
staff. Respect all staff and peers.
* Assist with technical mentoring of in-house design engineers and
* Assist in proposal development, including fee / project budget
* Track project financial performance and manage within project
fees / budget.
* Assist with and/or approve of project invoicing.
* Market all CALYX NV5 services to current clients and other
potential clients to obtain new contracts.
* Assist with Company s business development and networking
* Participate in professional and civic organizations.
* BS degree in Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering or MS
degree in Civil Engineering, structural focus
* NC PE license
* 7+ years of experience with Building Structure Design
* Must have experience with the design of commercial,
institutional, healthcare, and/or educational facilities
* Design experience in steel, concrete and masonry (wood and post
tensioned concrete a plus)
* Proficient with Ram Structural Systems, RISA, Enercalc, Microsoft
Suite and other structural design softwares
* AutoCAD and Revit Structure software experience is a plus
* Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver s license prior
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those
encountered while performing the essential functions of this
position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue
hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
* Work will primarily be in the office setting with limited
opportunities to be exposed to adverse environmental
* Work will be primarily working with fingers by picking, pinching,
typing and grasping often with repetitive motion.
* Must have visual acuity for viewing a computer screen, the
ability to talk, hear and sit for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 20 pounds
frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
* Weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be
* Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
CALYX / NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefit package.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status
as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state
and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws
governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: NV5, Cary , Building Structures Project Manager, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!