Senior Manager Network Operations
Posted on: August 14, 2019
What you'll be doing...
You will be leading a team of highly experienced operational
support engineers managing complex customer solutions. This
position will drive excellence in support of these customers and
provide oversight of a technically diverse environment. Technology
focus areas include Contact Center solutions, Call Recording
solutions, and System/Application support. Platforms are from
diverse vendors to include Genesys, Cisco, and NICE. You will serve
as the lead management resource and provide strategic direction for
our team and customers.
- Serve as the primary escalation contact for customers, sales,
professional services, product management, and executive
- Monitor and redirect staff efforts and resources as appropriate
to maximize staff utilization.
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs and increase
- Foster continual process improvement.
- Manage incident and change performance tied to customer SLA's,
SLO's, and KPI's.
- Lead operational cutovers/handoffs, and post implementation
- Interface directly with customer personnel at all levels as
required to provide consistent, high quality operations
- Conduct periodic operations reviews with customers,
sales/service teams and executive management.
- Partner with Sales and Product to identify and solution new and
expanded customer opportunities.
- Manage third-party vendor relationships, contract renewals and
- Ensure engineers have access to and complete training tied to
vendor/technology/customer roadmaps; at times developing training
for their peers.
- Monitor team performance and provide meaningful employee
feedback tied to specific performance targets, to ensure continued
development. Work with employees and HR when improvement plans are
- Conduct regular meetings with team members.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of experience in a people leadership
- Five or more years of experience in network operations.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- ITIL certification.
- Knowledge of Genesys Contact Center Solutions, Cisco Unified
Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE), Cisco Call Manager, and/or
- Experience related to the support of applications in
virtualized and hosted environments.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Perl, Python,
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- Project Management experience.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Cary , Senior Manager Network Operations, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!