Sr. Project Manager
Company: Metlife Tech Jobs
Posted on: November 8, 2019
Job Location: United States: Cary, North CarolinaRole Value
Proposition: At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the
lives of our customers and our communities. - The Global Technology
& Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers,
developers, business analysts, claims analysts and project managers
with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core
business challenges with MetLife. This position will reside in the
Group Program Management Office, a consolidated organization in
Group Benefits Operations responsible for execution of the Group
Benefits project portfolio. This Project Management position has
primary responsibility for taking projects from original concept
through final implementation including structuring, planning, and
managing multiple large and/or complex business or IT projects.
This person will work independently and successfully manage
projects following department documentation and performance
standards. This person must also be able to manage the expectations
and interests of project team members, key sponsors, & stakeholders
to ensure their continued support and appropriate participation in
the project. Responsibilities may also include oversight for other
project managers who may own one or more work stream in their
program or project.Key Responsibilities:
- Working independently, develops and monitors end-to-end
detailed work/project plans (Planning/Initiation, Requirements &
Analysis, Build, Test, and Deploy). Define project
inter-dependencies, outputs, work break down structure, critical
path dependencies, task durations, etc. Track team progress against
- Determines specific business application software requirements
to address business needs and analyses and designs solutions.
Provides information to end users to help resolve problems
regarding assigned system(s).
- Requires the ability to lead and motivate project team members
that are not direct reports, as well as providing work direction to
lower-level staff members. Set team performance expectations and
define each team member's roles and responsibilities. Provide
management input on team member performance. - Coaching and
mentoring less senior project managers.
- Define high level project requirements and document stated
benefits; assist business leaders with business case and ROI
development and define project success criteria. Identify and
document project scope and objectives, leveraging stakeholders and
other SMEs to understand the business needs. Identify resources
needed to deliver tasks per the project plan. Define resource
needs/requirements, secure resource alignment and track resource
allocations against the project schedule - taking into account
resource availability and / or constraints. Proactively identify
and resolve resource constraints with appropriate resource managers
- Develop project communication plan. Communicate project
progress and status to all levels of the organization through
status reports, stakeholder presentations, project scorecards, and
other mediums as required.
- Adhere to MetLife Group PMO project documentation standards
(following MetLife RIM guidelines) using standard templates and
tools such as project charters, status reports, ROI worksheets, PAR
documentation, change requests, issue/action logs, etc.
- Manage critical relationships (in a matrix environment) with
all key project team members and stakeholders. -Identify and
escalate project risks/issues and propose solutions.
- Apply change management methodologies to ensure appropriate
change tracking and approvals. Ensure critical changes have
documented approvals and do not negatively impact the project's
stated benefits. Identify and manage Operational Readiness and
rollout tasks and activities - including process documentation,
work instructions, training and other readiness communications.
- Run effective project status meetings, manage meeting minutes
and action plans, and ensure team is delivering approved project
scope deliverables on time/budget - per the plan.
- Coordinate Project estimates with IT and other Partners and
update at set stages through the project lifecycle; Manage Project
Budget/Financials through financial tracking and reporting (plan,
actual, forecast). Essential Business Experience and Technical
- High school diploma
- 8+ years of work or project experience
- 5+ years in the role of managing projects.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and lead the execution of
large and/or complex projects that span many IT and / or business
departments, business process, and applications.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both verbal
and written. Ability to interpret and communicate complex ideas -
for a wide variety of audiences.
- Exhibit strong collaboration and ability to engage across
multiple functions and business units.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict effectively.
- Ability to lead, motivate and support a project team(s) across
multiple areas in the organization.
- Facilitate effective discussions and prioritize work to
maximize work effort of the team.
- Ability to learn and understand organizational dynamics.
- Ability to influence within own team and with partners and
- Identify risks to project success and recommend course of
action to prevent risk from negatively impacting the project.
Effectively recognize when to escalate issues and options to senior
management for resolution.
- Financial and business acumen.
- -Ability to work in a matrix (cross departmental) and virtual
- Good working knowledge of all MS Suite Software (PowerPoint,
Excel, Word, Outlook, Other)
- Proficient in MS Project. Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree
- PMI training, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM),
or PMP certification.
- Knowledge of current MetLife systems and technology.
- Knowledge of MetLife business structure, products, and end to
end processes and outputs.
- Exposure to Information Technology Project Methodologies and
Terminology (PMBOK, MetLife PPM) TravelUp to 10%"At MetLife, we're
leading the global transformation of an industry we've long
defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated
to making a difference in the lives of our customers."MetLife is a
proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to
attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse
and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal
employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based
on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.MetLife maintains a drug-free
workplace.For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button.
You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon
completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email
verifying you have successfully applied to the job.Requisition #:
Keywords: Metlife Tech Jobs, Cary , Sr. Project Manager, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!