Director Of Nursing
Company: SearStone Retirement Community
Posted on: November 10, 2019
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY :Plan, organize, control and evaluate
nursing services for both inpatient and outpatient area. Meet the
total nursing needs of the patient and to maintain a quality of
service that will fulfill the objectives of the facility, and be in
accord with the policies set forth by Company.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE:Registered nurse in the State of North
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop a nursing organization structure and update as
- Assign responsibility and delegate authority.
- Determine the kind and amount of nursing care needed to meet
the needs of the patient and to achieve the objectives of
- Carry on continuous evaluation of needs and services as
concerns nursing care.
- Continually upgrade and improve nursing care to patients.
- Work with consultants, dietary, pharmacist, physicians,
vendors; and as necessary or as possible, implement recommended
- Select personnel, define duties, and interpret policies of the
facility and of nursing service.
- Arrange for new staff orientation.
- Prepare performance evaluations for RNs, LPNs, CNAs.
- Oversee time schedules and duty assignments.
- Review complaints and grievances and report to the
- Implement policies for nursing service.
- Develop job descriptions for nursing service personnel.
- Participate in personnel policy planning.
- Implement patient care policies.
- Review policies at least annually for updating.
- Interpret the objectives, goals and functions of the nursing
service department to other departments.
- Must be able to assess resident's needs both visually and
- Must be able to effectively communicate with the resident.
- Must understand and be able to speak and read English
- Matrix oversight and problem solving. Setting up new
- Verify and record staff licensing.
- Perform disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Order supplies, research products and equipment from different
vendors to maximize cost savings.
- Monitor attendance of nursing staff.
- Track controlled substances and maintain records.
- Analyze QA data collected and report to QA committee
- Provide Agenda for QA meeting.
- On call 24hr/7 days for Administrative concerns
- Will take on- call nurse responsibility with other full-time
- Supervise healthcare, auditing, follow-up, changes in
- Acquire necessary equipment for resident care.
- Hep B monitoring, tracking and documenting.
- Nursing assessments completed in local facilities or homes, for
- Responsible for ensuring 90 day and annual evaluations are
completed for all certified and licensed nursing staff.
- Ensuring that staff have TB tests done annually.
- Ensure that appropriate nursing care is provided to all
- Responsible for scheduling all licensed nursing staff as well
as monitoring overtime hours.
QUALIFICATIONS:Must possess a BSN degree and a Registered Nurse
currently licensed in the State of North Carolina, in good
standing. Must have at least 3 years of long term care nursing
supervisory/management experience. Must possess leadership ability.
Must have the ability to plan, organize and direct nursing
Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Company complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: SearStone Retirement Community, Cary , Director Of Nursing, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!