Finance Manager Job
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Req Id 30704 - Posted 10/02/2019 - Finance and Accounting - Cary.
North Carolina. US -- Job Dimensions
- This position reports to the ACR Global Finance Director.--
Directly supports the North American ACR Business Managers and
associated Product Managers. --One direct report --- Financial
- Primary contact for all financial related activities for ACR
- Supports the ACR US Manufacturing sites --- 5 employing about
- Provide insight to business management into the financial
operations of the business.-- Provide financial analysis/insight to
business leadership to ensure fully informed decisions.
- Manage interactions with central division
- The primary environment will be to strengthen support to our
business partners by providing financial analysis, process
improvement and cost controls.--
- The candidate will have responsibility and be accountable for
understanding the results of the North American Business.--
- A thorough understanding of the business strategy is required
as well as the ability to be able to incorporate the North American
strategy into the global strategy.--
- This position will improve the accounting processes and
influence change management in the business.--
- Assist in coaching and mentoring plant accountants to take on
additional responsibilities to support the manufacturing operation
and related analysis as required by the Plant Manager.
- 35% travel required -- Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Develop and prepare monthly reporting metrics for ACR North
America, including dashboards and analysis reports.--
- Lead/support plant accounting to ensure all policies are
followed; provide guidance and leadership to plant.
- Primary contact for North American ACR Product Managers, Sales
team for requested ad-hoc and management analysis.
- Lead effort to improve business processes, more value added
versus record keeping;
- Influence and improve business decisions by providing financial
analysis and bringing new tools and techniques.
- Active participation on the business leadership team.
- Coordinate and optimize the process for collecting and
presenting key financial and business indicators for monthly
reporting and analysis, including the monthly preparation of the
North American Forecast as reported in CORE.
- Provide financial leadership to business; develop financial
training as necessary for each aspect of the business.
- Liaison with global business managers to ensure consistency in
- Direct financial operations of the business.
- Formulate annual budget and five-year strategic plan, with
detailed sales and expense forecasts; identify targets for profit
improvement, both short and long term for the businesses.
- Analyze all cost/performance measures for manufacturing sites;
review yields and fixed costs and assist in leading productivity
- Provide financial management control of business assets and
ensure all business processes are continually monitored to
safeguard assets and improve business performance.
- Lead and participate in project teams
- Independently develop profit improvement initiatives
- Manage the capital investment portfolio
- Comply with the HSEQ Policy.
- Comply with Regulations, Legal and Internal Requirements as
made known by the site and by the business unit (BU).
- Comply with the rules of the specific location to which one is
assigned as well as the rules set by the business unit (BU) and
Arkema Inc. -- Required Education/Work Experience
- 7-10 years of Accounting/Finance experience in a manufacturing
business required (preferably in the chemical industry)
- Finance, Accounting or Technical Bachelors degree required;
- 3 years of management experience preferred
- Advanced MS Excel experience required,
- SAP experience required
-- Demonstrated Competencies
- Cost accounting knowledge; analytical capabilities &
- Project Leadership skills
- Ability to act as a change agent within the business
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed, proactive, initiative
- Experience interacting and advising senior level business
- Experience working within an international company
- Must exemplify accuracy in financial reporting and forecasting
-- A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes
materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer
performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance
materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our
globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the
markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of ---8.8 billion ($10.4
billion USD) in 2018, we employ approximately 20,000 people
worldwide and operate in close to 55 countries. We are committed to
active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers
in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in
bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic
solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and
insulation. Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc.
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
A global chemical company and France's leading chemicals producer,
Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day.
Deploying a responsible, innovation based approach, we produce
state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with
practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to
drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and
the need for lighter materials. With operations in more than 40
countries, 14,000 employees, 80 production facilities and 10
research centers, Arkema generates annual revenue of 8.3 billion
and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio
of internationally recognized brands. In North America, Arkema,
Inc., a subsidiary of Arkema is headquartered in King of Prussia,
PA. Arkema Inc. employs 2,400 people and operates 32 facilities in
the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.--
Keywords: Arkema, Cary , Finance Manager Job, Executive , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!