Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Cary,NC)
Company: Volunteers of America
Posted on: April 8, 2021
OBJECTIVE: The primary role of the Certified Nursing Assistant
Home Health is to provide assigned residents with routine daily
nursing care, activities of daily living, incidental homemaking and
personal care in accordance with established agency nursing care
procedures as directed by supervisors. The Home Health Aide reports
any noted changes in the resident as they are noted.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- State approved nursing assistant course
completion/certification, or enrollment in approved course per
- CPR Certified.
- Have demonstrated sympathetic attitude toward care of the
- Process the ability to read, write and carry out
- Possess the maturity to deal effectively with the demands of
- Have demonstrated the ability to work with little supervision
and make appropriate judgment.
- Have demonstrated dependability, tact, and ability to follow
- Experience in an Assisted Living Facility or Memory Care Unit
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to understand and follow work assignments.
- Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous
physical demands of such resident care responsibilities as lifting
and moving residents.
- Possesses coordination and dexterity required to provide
resident care skillfully.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must be a team player. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Home Health Functions
- Assists residents with personal care activities, including but
not limited to:
- Bathing full or partial;
- Shampoo/hair care;
- Skin care/nail care, including foot soaks;
- Oral hygiene/denture care;
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding
accurate performance of vital signs, weights, etc.
- Administer medications and treatments under the director and
supervision of the RN (refer to Medication Administration
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and exercise.
- Assist with body positioning or transfers of clients who are
- Perform household services essential to health care at home,
including, but not limited to:
- Meal preparation/feeding;
- Light housekeeping.
- Assist with bowel and bladder control, devices and training
- Respond and attend to client requests promptly.
- Maintain proper hand washing techniques.
- Maintain a safe client environment.
- Maintain client confidentiality; treat clients and families
- Understand, accept and respond to emotional needs of each
- Reports promptly to the nurse any changes in the resident
- Reports any indication of resident illness to the nurse.
- Provides any information on changes in skin conditions to the
- Observe and report any noted changes in mental status to the
- Report to charge nurse all incidents, accidents that occur
involving residents, and visitors.
- Follow standard precautions and works within OSHA
- Treats and ensures that residents are treated with respect and
- Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility
- Remains aware and takes special precautions to ensure a clean
safe environment for residents and staff.
- Reports any equipment malfunction to designated employee.
- Accept and fulfill assignments with the Agency; exercise
judgment in accepting assignments.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as deemed
necessary. Associated topics: ambulatory, care unit, ccu,
domiciliary, intensive, mhb, nurse, surgery, surgical, unit
Keywords: Volunteers of America, Cary , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Cary,NC), Healthcare , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!