Medical Coder I - Cary Orthopedics
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Job Description Description Become part of an inclusive
organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is
to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we
Performs technical and administrative work
reviewing, abstracting and assigning accepted medical CPT, HCPCS,
codes for professional services. Duties are performed in compliance
party, state and federal regulations according to standardized
Employees report to an administrative superior but independently
1. Accurately assigns International Classification of Diseases
10-CM (ICD-10) diagnostic and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
codes with modifiers, and other applicable codes. Analyzes
information for optimal and proper reimbursement, including coding
denial resolution. Ensures compliance with all appropriate coding,
billing and data collection regulations and procedures. Uses
appropriate software to validate information.
2. Provides information to physicians and other health care staff
regarding current coding practices and changes in 3rd party, state
and federal regulations and guidelines.
3. Reviews, analyzes and abstracts provider documentation for
diagnoses, procedures, ancillary testing, medications, laboratory
and other services provided. Obtains missing information and/or
clarifies existing documentation.
4. Independently manages high volumes of inventory within
5. Adheres to departmental quality and production standards.
6. Acquires continuing education via UNC Physicians approved
programs and vendors.
7. Maintains requires professional certification.
Other InformationOther information:
* High School diploma or GED, Successful completion of the UNC HCS
SS Rev Cycle Physician Coder Proficiency Test.
* Must have one of the following: -AAPC (American Academy of
Professional Coders) certification-AHIMA (American Health
Information Management Association) CCSP Certification-If AAPC
certification other than CPC or CCSP, candidate will have up to 1
year to obtain CPC or CCSP certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
* 6 Months of professional work history
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job DetailsLegal Employer: GP2Entity: UNC Physician Group
Organization Unit: CO Spine Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:CaryExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
CategoryMedical Records SpecialistsEducationHigh School or
EquivalentExperience1 to 20+ yearsJob typeFull time
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Cary , Medical Coder I - Cary Orthopedics, Healthcare , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!