Hospital Quality Clinical Leader - Quality Improvement
Company: UNC Healthcare
Posted on: January 13, 2022
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health
care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be
employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited
to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options,
and applicable policies).
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse
employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of
the unique communities we serve.
The Hospital Quality Clinical Leader is responsible for creating
project strategy and execution associated with multiple Hospital
Quality initiatives across UNC Health Care. Projects will focus on
improving patient care and outcomes. This individual develops
project charters, execution strategy, change management strategy,
and manages the work of project teams to achieve desired outcomes.
The Hospital Quality Clinical Leader represents the Hospital
Quality and Innovation Department within the UNC Health community
and ensures continual focus on achieving desired project outcomes.
This individual works within the Hospital Quality and Innovation
Department and interfaces daily with key stakeholders across UNC
Health entities to successfully define, plan, execute and achieve
desired results. This individual also works collaboratively with
administrative leaders/teams, clinicians, staff and executives to
achieve high performance outcomes.
This individual reports to the Hospital Quality and Innovation
1. Project Strategy - Develops project charters, execution
strategy, and various high-level stakeholder and project management
plans required to achieve desired outcomes. Works with Hospital
Quality team, system leadership, and hospital leaders to ensure
project execution strategy aligns with other concurrent
2. Communication - Acts as a key liaison with entity leaders,
physicians, shared services, and multidisciplinary teams to
communicate project strategy, direction, changes, and impact across
departments and organizational structures.
3. Facilitation and Quality tools - Leads and facilitates
project-related discussions between stakeholder groups and utilizes
skills and experience to reach desired outcomes, which may include
clinical process design, data analysis and visualization, and
development of project charters and work plans
4. Projects- Delivers assigned projects driven by hospital quality
metrics on time in alignment with strategy and business
requirements. Oriented to maximize each project's impact on
improving patient care and outcomes and by reducing patient
5. Complex Issues - Analyzes and resolves complex issues impacting
stakeholders. Manages political issues to engage stakeholder groups
and manage downstream impact on hospital quality work.
6. Change Management - Lead identification, facilitation and
execution of change management initiatives required to achieve
desired project outcomes.
7. Quantitative Skills- Able to apply data manipulation and
analysis skills for reporting to support hospital quality
8. Clinical Knowledge - Provides both direct and indirect support
to clinical leaders and co-workers implementing hospital quality
tools and techniques. Includes creating and teaching educational
Other Information Other information:
--- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration, Science
or Health Care-related field.
Clinical education required (degree or certification or license
Master's degree preferred.
--- Requires certification in a clinical field to include: RN, NP,
Professional Experience Requirements:
--- Three (3) years of healthcare experience in business, or
quality performance improvement design and implementation, or
project management, or management consulting, or healthcare
managerial role, or healthcare educator role. Four (4) years of
experience in a clinical setting - outpatient or inpatient or home
health or hospice.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
--- - Healthcare experience required
- Clinical leadership experience required
- Proven ability to lead complex project initiatives in a clinical
and/or business environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, including
facilitation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to excel and achieve results in a team-oriented,
- Experience leading groups of stakeholders/leaders to achieve
- Knowledge of project and change management techniques and
- Highly responsive to internal customers
- Proficient in Office Suite tools. Prefer applicant with
experience in areas such as Tableau, EHR reporting (Crystal
reports, workbench, etc.)
- Proficient in reading, documenting in, and teaching use of an
electronic health record. Epic preferred.
- Understands healthcare cost structures at a high level.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or equivalent preferred
Job Details Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity : Shared Services
Organization Unit : UNC HCS Care Redesign
Work Type : Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week : 40.00
Work Schedule : Day Job
Location of Job : US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime : Exempt: Yes
Keywords: UNC Healthcare, Cary , Hospital Quality Clinical Leader - Quality Improvement, Healthcare , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!