RN Hospice Nurse
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Description -RN Case Manager, Primarily supporting the
-Cary/Morrisville AreaSign on Bonus $ 15,000.00 - - -Why Work For
Pruitt Health Hospice:Hospice is not job but a calling! Thanks to
our PruittHealth Hospice caregivers, home is where the healing
takes place. -That's why we attract hospice clinicians who are
passionate about providing the highest quality level of care
possible for our patients. Being a hospice caregiver, takes
compassion, integrity, patience, and leadership skills. - Apply
today and make a profound difference in caring for one patient at a
time. -For Your Commitment:PruittHealth Hospice partners have
access to a progressive salary and -benefits plan, mileage
reimbursement, opportunity for career growth and development,
reasonable caseloads, and a -flexible schedule that fits your
lifestyle- plus a great team environment that reflects our
commitment to caring for our 16,000 partners. -Job Purpose: -
-Screen referral for appropriateness and perform admission to
facilitate the transition of the patient and family into the
hospice program. Also responsible to Case Manage patients and
families to ensure symptom management, patient and family
education, medication management, coordination of hospice services
and provide excellent -communication with the patient's
physician.Key Responsibilities: - -
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary care team for assigned
patients and is -designated to coordinate the implementation of the
plan of care.
- Provides the primary nursing care for hospice patients,
regardless of the setting.
- Assumes full responsibility for professional management of
assigned hospice patients' care related to the patient's terminal
- Teaches the primary caregiver skills that are needed to care
for the patient in their residence.
- Works closely with the attending physician and other team
members to develop appropriate pain and symptom management.
- Completes nursing assessments and admissions of patients.
- Maintains the clinical record to meet federal, state, and
agency regulations and guidelines.
- Supervises hospice aides and certified nurse aides, making a
supervisory visit at least every 14 days, and face to face at least
- Assumes all on-call responsibilities as assigned.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Participates in and presents inservice programs, team
conferences, and staff meetings.
- Provides skilled nursing care to assigned patients/families as
outlined in the plan of care.
- Participates in the development of the patient/family
interdisciplinary care plan.
- For patients residing in a skilled nursing facility, the RN
Case Manager will have responsibility for managing the patients'
symptoms related to the terminal illness.
- Verify by patients visit and review of documentation that the
caregivers in the SNF are carrying out the plan of care as
- Have ultimate responsibility for developing and integrating the
plan of care with the hospice team and the SNF team to assure one
integrated plan of care that reflects the hospice philosophy.
- For patients receiving private home care services, the RN Case
manager shall supervise the certified nursing aide, sitters, and
companion services assigned to patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DHS or the
Administrator. - -QualificationsMinimum Education Required:
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or universityMinimum
- A minimum of one (1) years RN experience is desirable.
- Hospice, Home Care, Med/Surg, Oncology -experience is
preferred. - - - -Minimum Licensure/Certification Required by Law:
- - - -
- Currently licensed as an RN in the states where you will
- Must have current driver's license and valid automobile
- Must have certification in basic life support CPR -As an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will
receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.PruittHealth is a
COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer. All new Partners are required
to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or receive a -medical
and/or religious exemption. -PruittHealth Hospice -is a division of
the PruittHealth Corporation, an innovative, family-owned
organization. - We're committed to providing exceptional care
across a wide spectrum of services, including skilled nursing care,
assisted and independent living, home health care, hospice care,
rehabilitation, pharmacy, infusion services, and more. -Job:
NursingPrimary Location: North Carolina-CarySchedule:
Full-timeShift: 1st ShiftJob Posting: Feb 11, 2022, 5:43:40 PM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Cary , RN Hospice Nurse, Healthcare , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!