Registered Nurse (New or Experienced RN) - DUH - Adult Medicine Stepdown (4300) - Weekends Days
Company: Duke University Health System
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Duke University Hospital Duke University Hospital is
consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is
known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking
research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient
beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic
facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major
surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery
center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with
nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional
radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked
Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties:
cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear,
nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology
& neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung
surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first
in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area. In addition
to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically
dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary
care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and
outpatient surgery centers. Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance! Registered Nurse (New RN or Experienced
RN) - Weekend Option Days Duke University Hospital - Adult Medicine
Stepdown Unit (4300) Duke University Health System seeks to hire an
experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of
Advancing Health Together.The Adult General Medicine
Intermediate/Stepdown Unit (4300) is comprised of 31 beds. Our team
of nursing staff provide exemplary care for a variety of complex
patients with diagnosis such as Sepsis, Sickle Cell, GI Bleed, End
Stage Renal Failure, Diabetes, Cirrhosis and Behavioral Health
Disorders. Department Highlights:
- RN to Patient Ratio is 1: 3-5
- 3 DAISY Awards - for providing extraordinary compassionate care
to their patients and families every day!
- Strengths in teamwork, multi-disciplinary collaboration and
professional respect - we offer a dynamic environment for
- Procedures/treatments frequently performed include diabetes
management, pain management, wound care, telemetry, oxygen therapy,
blood product administration, and IV management of fluids and
- Affords the clinical experience to attain strong critical
thinking skills, vast knowledge of disease processes and body
systems, and robust care management skills. Work Schedule:You will
work full time: 3, 12 hour shifts, 7a - 7p, working Saturday and
Sunday and one day during the week. Weekend Option. 36 hours per
week. What you will do:As a Clinical Nurse in Duke University
Health System, you will plan and provide professional nursing care
for patients in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of
care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing
services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of
the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care, utilizing
the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and
established policies and procedures under the supervision of the
team leader or charge nurse.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed
and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other healthcare personnel in the delivery of patient
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including
equipment and material resources. Prioritize work organization and
identify resources available to assist in completing components of
care in a timely manner.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking
appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational
performance improvement opportunities and assist in performance
improvement activities. What you can expect:
- Multitask in myriad ways - document assessments, plan of care,
interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status,
access nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients,
independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Educate patients and families in accordance with the nursing
plan of care.
- Relationship management with patients, families, visitors,
healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
What we'll provide:
- Paid Training
- New Graduate Nurses: 8 weeks of paid orientation and monthly
nurse residency classes and the completion of a unit-focused
- Experienced Nurses: 4 - 6 weeks of paid orientation depending
on level of experience.
- Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is
committed to providing robust learning and development from Office
of Continuing Education.
- Clinical Ladder Advancement
- Tuition Assistance and Nurse Loan Forgiveness
- Relocation Grant and Sign On Bonus
- Nursing Specialty Certification Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Performance Increases
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee
Pension plan and much more. What you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or
higher) OR Associate's Degree in Nursing OR Nursing Diploma
program. ***All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in
Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate
BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete
the program within five years of their start date. Licensure and
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing
as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure
to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS Certification Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity
without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender,
gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs
at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include
essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental
abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for
reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring
Keywords: Duke University Health System, Cary , Registered Nurse (New or Experienced RN) - DUH - Adult Medicine Stepdown (4300) - Weekends Days, Healthcare , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!