Experienced RN - Duke University Hospital - General Medicine Stepdown ( 8 East) - Days
Company: Duke University Health System
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the
best in the United States and is known around the world for its
outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University
Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive
diagnostic and therapeutic facilities including a regional
emergency/trauma center, a major surgery suite containing 65
operating rooms, an endo-surgery center, a separate hospital
outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms, and an
extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For
2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University
Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology &
heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat,
gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology &
neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung
surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first
in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area. In addition
to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically
dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary
care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics, and
outpatient surgery centers. Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certifications.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance! Registered NurseDuke University Hospital
- General Medicine Stepdown Unit Located in Duke Medicine
Pavillion, 8 East Duke University Health System seeks to hire an
experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of
Advancing Health Together.The General Medicine Stepdown Unit (8
East) contain a total of 24 inpatient beds. Our team of nursing
staff provides exceptional care to patients with complex medical
conditions including Covid, Trauma, Transplant, Neuro, Cardiac, OB
and Oncology. Department Highlights:
- Fantastic opportunity to be a part of a new unit at Duke
University Hospital with multiple learning opportunities and growth
within the unit.
- Affords the clinical experience to attain strong critical
thinking skills, vast knowledge of disease processes and body
systems, and robust care management skills.
- We are a diverse, highly functioning team that collaborates
with all members of the healthcare team to provide exceptional and
compassionate patient care. We put the patient at the center of
everything we do. Work Schedule To maximize your learning
experience, you will work 3, 12 hour shifts, Days, 7a - 7p. Full
Time. 36 hours per week. What you will do:As a Clinical Nurse in
Duke University Health System, you will plan and provide
professional nursing care for patients in accordance with the
medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and
procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in
accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North
Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care, utilizing
the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and
established policies and procedures under the supervision of the
team leader or charge nurse.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed
and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other healthcare personnel in the delivery of patient
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including
equipment and material resources. Prioritize work organization and
identify resources available to assist in completing components of
care in a timely manner.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking
appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational
performance improvement opportunities and assist in performance
improvement activities. What you can expect:
- Multitask in myriad ways - document assessments, plan of care,
interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status,
access nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients,
independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Educate patients and families in accordance with the nursing
plan of care.
- Relationship management with patients, families, visitors,
healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
What we will provide:
- Paid Training
- Experienced Nurses: 4 - 6 weeks of paid orientation depending
on level of experience.
- Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is
committed to providing robust learning and development from the
Office of Continuing Education.
- Clinical Ladder Advancement
- Tuition Assistance and Nurse Loan Forgiveness
- Relocation Grant and Sign On Bonus
- Nursing Specialty Certification Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Performance Increases
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee
Pension plan and much more. What you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or
higher) OR Associate's Degree in Nursing OR Nursing Diploma
program. **All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's degree in
Nursing will be required to enroll in a BSN program within two
years of hire and to complete the program within five years of
enrollment. Licensure and Certification Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing
as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure
to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS Certification Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity
without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender,
gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs
at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include
essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental
abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for
reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring
Keywords: Duke University Health System, Cary , Experienced RN - Duke University Hospital - General Medicine Stepdown ( 8 East) - Days, Healthcare , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!