MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - DUKE PERINATAL CLIN
Company: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionMEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED – DUKE PERINATAL
CLINIC OF CARYThe Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) of Duke Health is
the world-class, multi-specialty physician practice comprised of
140 clinics located throughout North Carolina. The PDC recruits the
top physicians and employees and retains them by offering
competitive salaries and benefits and a supportive work environment
where passion and purpose connect. To learn more about our culture,
visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Mq59-No-kWe are seeking a
Medical Assistant, Certified to be an integral member of the
healthcare team and provide direct and indirect care to patients at
the Duke Perinatal Clinic at 600 New Waverly Place in Cary, NC. The
schedule for this position is 8:00am-4:30pm (or until last patient
leaves) with no weekends or holidays. This position allows the
unique opportunity to get to know patients during their prenatal
period and for continuous learning as the patients have a variety
of health conditions. Professional development opportunities
include advancing on the CMA clinical ladder and participating in
clinic committees.WE INVITE YOU TO APPLY IF:
- You are compassionate, have top notch interpersonal skills and
are able to maintain calm when assisting patients in need of
- You are detail oriented, conscientious and take pride in
ensuring accuracy in your work.
- You are collaborative and excited to be part of a care team but
can also function independently. Job Duties:
- Perform intake with patients to include vital signs, visit
information, and other clinical information as indicated.
- Administer medications to patients as ordered by providers or
by established protocols following the six rights of medication
- Assists providers with procedures such as pelvic exams,
collecting cultures/pap smears, endometrial biopsies, IUD
- Performs tasks such as set up for clinical procedures, high
level disinfection & sterilization, record abstractions, FMLA
paperwork completion, blood draws and other miscellaneous
appropriate tasks within scope of practice.
- Participates in performance improvement projects and/or clinic
committees and assists in Joint Commission preparedness.
- Could rarely involve floating to Raleigh or Durham office for
coverage if needed. Required Qualifications:
- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program accredited
by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education
Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred.
- High school or GED graduation required.
- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCMA or ARMA required.
Please specify on resume which certification you have,
certification number, and expiration date.
- BLS required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Knowledge of sterile techniques, special procedures and
processes involved in administering routine and special treatments
- Knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and
safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting.
- Knowledge of infection control procedures, safety precautions
and age specific competencies.
- Knowledge of daily clinic preparation process, patient flow
through clinic, skills necessary to assist with routine clinic
- Ability to document and communicate pertinent information and
establish and maintain effective working relationships with
patients and clinic staff.
- Ability to work independently without management on site.
Additional Information:Certain jobs in the Private Diagnostic
Clinic may include essential job functions that require specific
physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and
provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be
provided by each hiring department.The Private Diagnostic Clinic is
an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's
age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. The PDC aspires to create a
community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and
belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of
ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our
perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community
feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals
are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our
community have a responsibility to uphold these values.The intent
of this job description is to provide a representative and level of
the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of
positions given this title and shall not be construed as a
declaration of the total of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically
presented in this description.
Keywords: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC, Cary , MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - DUKE PERINATAL CLIN, Healthcare , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!