MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - North Carolina EENT
Company: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Description MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - North Carolina
Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat ClinicThe Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC)
of Duke Health is the world-class, multi-specialty physician
practice comprised of 140 clinics located throughout North
Carolina. The PDC recruits the top physicians and employees and
retains them by offering competitive salaries and benefits and a
supportive work environment where passion and purpose connect. To
learn more about our culture, visit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Mq59-No-kWe are seeking a Medical
Assistant, Certified in our North Carolina Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat
Clinic located in Cary, to be an integral member of the healthcare
team and provide direct and indirect care to patients. WE INVITE
YOU TO APPLY IF:
- You are compassionate, have top notch interpersonal skills and
are able to maintain calm when assisting patients in need of
- You are detail oriented, conscientious and take pride in
ensuring accuracy in your work.
- You are collaborative and excited to be part of a care team.
- Perform intake with patients to include vital signs, visit
information, and other clinical information as indicated.
- Perform telephone message taking with patients, document
encounter, follow protocols established by clinic leadership, and
- Administer medications to patients as ordered by providers or
by established protocols following the six rights of medication
- Assists providers with minor surgical procedures such as PE
tubes and biopsy's.
- Participates in performance improvement projects.
- Performs tasks such as set up for clinical procedures, high
level disinfection & sterilization or other miscellaneous
appropriate tasks within scope of practice.
- Attain prior authorizations for medications and durable medical
equipment as indicated.
- Float in clinic to cover patient and provider needs as
delegated by nurse manager, health center administrator, charge
nurse, or nurse team lead. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program accredited
by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education
Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred.
- High school or GED graduation required.
- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCMA or ARMA
- BLS required KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES:
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Ability to transport patients on a stretcher or wheelchair and
heavy lifting may be required.
- Knowledge of sterile techniques, special procedures and
processes involved in administering routine and special treatments
- Knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and
safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting.
- Knowledge of infection control procedures, safety precautions
and age specific competencies.
- Knowledge of daily clinic preparation process; registration,
scheduling, charge posting and order entry.
- Ability to document and communicate pertinent information and
establish and maintain effective working relationships with
patients and clinic staff. ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONCertain jobs in
the Private Diagnostic Clinic may include essential job functions
that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department.The Private Diagnostic
Clinic is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The PDC
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these valuesThe intent of this job description is to provide
a representative and level of the types of duties and
responsibilities that will be required of positions given this
title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of
the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular
position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks
other than those specifically presented in this description
Keywords: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC, Cary , MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - North Carolina EENT, Healthcare , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!