Medical Assistant - Certified
Company: Diamond Healthcare Group Inc
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionDiamond Healthcare Group Inc is looking for
Medical Assistants for full-time permanent positions at our
client's facility. The Medical Assistant will provide medical
services to patients under the guidance of a physician.The ideal
person for this type of role is a good listener, outgoing and
compassionate, organized and adaptable and an excellent problem
solver. This vital role greets our patients, displays
professionalism, and maintains confidentiality at all
- Prepare patients for examination, escort them to the treatment
room and be present during examination/treatment to assist the
physician in treatment procedures.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, greet patients, entertain
inquiries, and facilitate correspondence with regards to their
treatment in the clinic.
- Liaise with the orthopedist in booking patients' appointments
in line with their schedule to facilitate smooth flow of
- Collect results of patients' tests from the laboratory, sort
them out and make them available to the orthopedist before he/she
attends to patients.
- Record medical histories and vital signs of patients by
carrying out proper checkup on them before consultation with the
- Sterilize equipment before and after treatment and properly
dispose used containers and items to avoid infection.
- Supervise drug refills and place supply orders as directed by
the orthopedist and inspect delivered items for durability to avoid
the use of substandard or expired products.
- Explain medication instruction to patients based on
orthopedist's prescription and advise them on special diets to
fasten their recovery.
- Fill insurance information, inspect insurance authorizations
and provide officials with accurate information of patients'
- Clean the treatment room to avoid infection and get it ready
after use for the treatment of other patients.
- Create and fill patients' chart with relevant and current
information about their health condition, and update chart with
changes and progress in patients' health.
- Monitor patients' recovery process, inform the orthopedist of
observations, and recommend changes in unresponsive treatment
- Maintain communication with patients after treatment to monitor
their progress and suggest continuous treatment in the event of a
- Must have completed an accredited program in medical assisting
and be a Certified or Registered Medical Assistant.
- The ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel programs
is required in entering patients' health chart and demographic in
the computer system for record keeping.
- The ability to communicate and relate with patients as they
enter the clinic is important to get along with them during
- The ability to maintain good temperament and to avoid anger in
dealing with patients is essential to be effective on the
job.Powered by JazzHRqX0O2bLShs
Keywords: Diamond Healthcare Group Inc, Cary , Medical Assistant - Certified, Healthcare , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!