Medical Lab Technician/ Medical Technologist - Holly Springs Hospital
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Holly Springs
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse
employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of
the unique communities we serve.
Both MLTs and MTs may apply to this requisition
Performs beginning level of patient testing and administrative
tasks in support of the clinical activities in the UNCHCS.
1. Instructs patients in preparing for tests that require fasting.
Answers patient questions regarding the tests.
2. Maintains equipment and investigates problems with
3. May assist in teaching Clinical Laboratory Science students and
Pathology residents and training of new employees.
4. May monitor daily operation of laboratory section or work
5. May participate on teams or individually perform special
6. Performs a variety of routine and standardized tests using
standard techniques and equipment. Prepares specimens, resolves
specimen problems, and performs analytical tests. Labels and stores
7. Prepares reagents and assists in the preparation of standard and
control materials. Monitors levels of reagents and assists in
8. Records results of tests and maintains records. Provides test
results, reporting deviations from the norm to supervisor or
Other Information Other information:
--- Associate's degree in Cilnical Laboratory Science, Medical
Laboratory Technician, Chemical Science, or Biological Science.
--- If Associate's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical
Laboratory Technician, then must be ASCP or AMT Board of
Certification eligible and must receive BOC within a year.
--- If Associate's degree in chemical or biological science,
Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) or MLT (AMT) Board of
Certification (BOC) required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
--- None required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job Details Legal Employer: - NCHEALTH
Entity : UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit : HS Core Lab
Work Type : Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week : 4.00
Work Schedule : Variable
Location of Job : US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime : Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Cary , Medical Lab Technician/ Medical Technologist - Holly Springs Hospital, Healthcare , Holly Springs, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!