Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) - ICU - Duke Regional Hospital, FT, Rotating Shifts
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Duke Regional Hospital has served Durham, Orange, Person,
Granville and Alamance counties and the surrounding communities for
nearly 40 years. With more than 1,900 employees, its focus is on
providing outstanding medical care with compassionate, personalized
service in a comfortable community hospital setting. Duke Regional
Hospital has 369 inpatient beds and offers a comprehensive range of
medical, surgical and diagnostic services, including orthopedics,
weight-loss surgery, women's services, and heart and vascular
services, and also offers care at the Duke Rehabilitation Institute
and Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center. In fiscal year 2018, Duke
Regional Hospital admitted 16,299 patients and had 165,953
outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017. - U.S. News & World Report
ranked Duke Regional Hospital as #10 in North Carolina and #4 in
the Raleigh-Durham area for 2018-19. - Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance! -Experienced RN - -Duke Regional
Hospital - ICU -Duke University Health System seeks to hire an
experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of
-Advancing Health Together.The -ICU at Duke Regional -is comprised
of -22 -beds. Our team of nursing staff provides care for patients
14 years or older with actual or potential life-threatening
conditions by performing complex assessments, high intensity
therapies, interventions, and continuous monitoring. -Our team is
active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an
excellent patient experience, every time. - - -Department
- RN to Patient Ratio is 1: 1-2
- Phenomenal teamwork, multi-disciplinary collaboration and
professional respect - we offer a dynamic environment for
- Extraordinary unit culture that embraces each team member - a
sense of belonging. -
- Affords the clinical experience to attain strong critical
thinking skills, vast knowledge of disease processes and body
systems, and robust care management skills. -Work Schedule:Full
time: 3, 12 hour shifts, Rotating Shifts -7a-7p & 7p-7a -How about
our $15,000 sign-on bonus, available for Registered Nurses with at
least two years of clinical/bedside experience and new to Duke?
Duke offers Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Loan Forgiveness,
Relocation Assistance Grants and much more!
What you will do:As a -Clinical Nurse -in Duke University Health
System, you will plan and provide professional nursing care for
patients in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care
and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services
to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as
defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care, utilizing
the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and
established policies and procedures under the supervision of the
team leader or charge nurse.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed
and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other healthcare personnel in the delivery of patient
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including
equipment and material resources. Prioritize work organization and
identify resources available to assist in completing components of
care in a timely manner.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking
appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational
performance improvement opportunities and assist in performance
improvement activities. -What you can expect:
- Multitask in myriad ways - document assessments, plan of care,
interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status,
access nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients,
independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Educate patients and families in accordance with the nursing
plan of care.
- Relationship management with patients, families, visitors,
healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
-What we'll provide: -
- Experienced Nurses: 4 - 6 weeks of paid orientation depending
on level of experience. -
- Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is
committed to providing robust learning and development from Office
of Continuing Education.
- Clinical Ladder Advancement
- Tuition Assistance and Nurse Loan Forgiveness
- Relocation Grant and Sign On Bonus
- Nursing Specialty Certification Bonus -
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Performance Increases
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee
Pension plan and much more. -What you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or
higher) OR Associate's Degree in Nursing OR Nursing Diploma
program. -***All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in
Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate
BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete
the program within five years of their start date. -Licensure and
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing
as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure
to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS Certification
- Professional specialty certification (preferred). - - - - Duke
is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's
age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. - Duke aspires to create a
community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and
belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of
ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our
perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community
feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals
are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our
community have a responsibility to uphold these values. - Essential
Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke
University Health System may include essentialjob functions that
require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Cary , Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) - ICU - Duke Regional Hospital, FT, Rotating Shifts, Healthcare , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!